Signs you are with a PDP (prima donna paramedic)

Asysin2leads

Okay, I think I should lighten the mood and make up for a little Basic bashing that I've indulged in. Here goes:

TOP TEN SIGNS YOUR WORKING WITH A PRIMA DONNA PARAMEDIC

10. Insists the way you are controlling bleeding is wrong, even if you are in fact stopping the blood from flowing.

9. Is very particular about the way a bottle of saline is opened

8. He makes a big production about waking up a hypoglycemic patient

7. He wears a lab coat and a name tag on all the calls.

6. He has an exceptionally long theory as to why the telemetry doctor is wrong, and he's right.

5. He puts in an IV with the same amount of time and effort coronary artery bypass grafts usually take.

4. He flies into a rage when you talk about nurses, PA's, doctors, and respiratory therapists .

3. He spends 10 minutes trying to name the exact vessel which is damaged in a multi trauma victim.

2. He takes stuff said about him on EMT City personally

1. He has no sense of humor about himself or his job

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! Yea we have a few of those in the volly service I'm with. The second they start ALS interventions, they don't want BLS assisting with anything. God forbid I swab the pt's arm with alcohol! or **gasp** even apply the electrodes for them!

(P.S: These are all things BLS providers in our sysem are encouraged to do to assist ALS, its just that some of them think that Dr.McDreamy or something)

yea defintely -- and the radio/ driver thing is so true. I actually had an EMT-CC tell me that I couldnt use the radio because I hadnt been trained or taken a course on it. I explained that I knew all the radio codes, etc....and she persisted. I actually looked at her and said "You're kidding, right?" She was serious.

Has more equipment hanging off their belt and in the their cargo pants than most ambulances had in 1976.

Has a Paramedic hat, t-shirt, sweatpants, license plate frame, lunch box, sunglasses, shoestrings, thong, condoms, toilet paper, bumper stickers, and of course a Paramedic belt buckle.

952806096448ddbf9a19c6.jpg

Peace,

Marty

:joker:

Has more equipment hanging off their belt and in the their cargo pants than most ambulances had in 1976.

Has a Paramedic hat, t-shirt, sweatpants, license plate frame, lunch box, sunglasses, shoestrings, thong, condoms, toilet paper, bumper stickers, and of course a Paramedic belt buckle.

952806096448ddbf9a19c6.jpg

Peace,

Marty

:joker:

Does anyone seriously wear those things? My father bought me one years ago. I use it as a serving plate now...huge the thing is....

Worked with a paramedic (a few years back)who would walk into the day room and change the channel on tv to watch what they wanted when the crews would be sitting watching a show. When we would yell WTF? he/she would point to the orange letters on his/her shirt. ( I got a talking too by the chief :roll: for throwing a large cup of water at said medic). So there is my beef. Medics who point to their patch when you have a (non medical)disagreement with them .

Worked with a paramedic (a few years back)who would walk into the day room and change the channel on tv to watch what they wanted when the crews would be sitting watching a show. When we would yell WTF? he/she would point to the orange letters on his/her shirt. ( I got a talking too by the chief :roll: for throwing a large cup of water at said medic). So there is my beef. Medics who point to their patch when you have a (non medical)disagreement with them .

Weez, just point to their patch one the first BLS patient. They will soon get it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.