Where are you from?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting: a revived string started originally in 2006!

While seemingly a Canadian string, originally, we have members of EMT City from Germany, Ireland, South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, and Texas. (Texas at one time actually was a country in it's own right.)

Me? I'm a (now retired from gainful employ) New York State EMT-Basic of almost 38 years experience, 25 in municipal service to the city of New York, and was covering New York, Richmond, Bronx, Kings, Queens, Nassau and Suffolk Counties in New York State. I live, and have been living all my life, in the Belle Harbor section of the Rockaway Peninsula area of Queens County, New York City, New York State, United States of America, North American Continent, Planet Earth, third planet orbiting the star known as Sol, in the Milky Way Galaxy. With that pinpointing, if you cannot find me, you're so lost!

Edited by Richard B the EMT

I live, and have been living all my life, in the Belle Harbor section of the Rockaway Peninsula area of Queens County, New York City, New York State, United States of America, North American Continent, Planet Earth, third planet orbiting the star known as Sol, in the Milky Way Galaxy. With that pinpointing, if you cannot find me, you're so lost!

My 7th grade Geography teacher would have a fit because you left out which hemisphere you reside in......lol

I live in Nanaimo BC, work in Port Alberni for the BC Ambulance service part time. Full time at a mine site as a first aid attendant.

I'm a BC licesed EMR in Merritt BC. Currently looking for work, and planning to take my PCP as soon as funds permit.

Time for an update. I'm a BC licensed PCP-IV/ Alta. registered EMT currently taking the EMT-P (thats ACP for the rest of Canada) program at SAIT in Calgary, Alberta. First year done. One more year to go. I currently work for the BC Ambulance Service (BCAS) in Merritt, BC where I'll be for the duration of the summer break.

I love Vancouver Island. Does it still take a million years to get full-time work with BCAS?

Yes and no. It depends on what license you hold and who you know that can fill you in when postings come up. It would be much easier to tell you how doable it is or is not If I knew where you would be coming from.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.