Any Tactical EMS courses in our around NJ?

Ghurty, are you on a tactical team or are you in a position that requires you to provide TEMS support? If you are, you need to check with your team commander or chain of command to see what they require for tactical medical training. I do not know of any specific courses in your area. CONTOMS is taught around the country in several locations. You can check with DHS. I believe that CONTOMS is taught through ICE and is run by the office of protective medicine. Allot of tactical medicine involves medical planning and intelligence, do not expect to be taught field surgery if you take a tactical medicine course. Don't expect SWAT 101 from a Tac Med course either. If you are looking for trauma training or looking to enhance your knowledge, you are better off taking college level A&P and getting your butt into a BTLS or PHTLS course.

Take care,

chbare.

• 1 year later...

Hey, Im new here, live in Trenton, NJ. and no, there are no courses in NJ, and NJ does not recognize EMT-T certs, so at best, if you are a police officer, or in really good with a police deparment, you may be able to roll with them. Captial Health System in Trenton does however supply medics to NJSP and mercer county sheriff's dept. when they are needed. So to answer your second question, no, the NJ training fund will not pay for it, because it is not a recognized skill/cert and so on in the state.

Hey Dust, Check out the halo... :angel7: haha

Actually, I wasnt joking. I have always wondered how beneficial they would be and whether or not the skills would useful. (from a Tactical side) BUT I suppose with the way things are in the world today that any type of training would be a plus...See there- All you have to do to is give me that "bewildered" look and it completely changes my way of thinking :lol:

As stated previously, Unless you a Law Enforcement Officer, or are assigend to provide tactical EMS on a regular basis, you NO DO NOT NEED this course, as you will not be in the HOT zone and the SWAT medics will bring the patient to you.

Think about this, The average Police Academy is at a minimum 12 weeks long. The average SWAT training is an additional 4-8 weeks long MINIMUM. So, WHAT DO YOU think a 5 day EMT Tactical course will teach you, if you are not alread y a sworn officer.??????

That was a retorical question,, the answer is NOT MUCH>!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.