this is why im doing this...

this post might seem useless, but i havent posted for awhile...

i was talkin' to mom last nite and she was asking me why i was going into ems...so i thought for a bit and i think i figured it out..ive worked customer service for a magazine fulfillment company for 4 years cuz i love helping people out (whether theyre screaming at the top of their lungs cuz they didnt get their vanity fair or better homes and gardens OR whether theyre the nicest people w/ whom i could converse for hours)..i dont let them get to me cuz i know that they arent mad at me, but im the only person from the company to whom they could yell..so thats the first reason..the second reason is the fact that you have to keep learning to keep up w/ new techniques and stuff like that..

the people i admire most would be the people who go out of their way to find more information for you (especially if they dont know it themselves)..for example, i was sitting in my college a & p lab filling out my lab book and labeling the muscles..so i raised my hand and asked for mr. stripling to come over cuz i had a question..so he came over and i was justs wondering, for the sake of knowledge, if 'Duchenne' was French..he told me that he didnt think so and that he thought it was German..so i asked him if he knew anything else other than what the book had..he said no and just walked away...then i was thinking to myself, well, i guess i just have to go home and look it up..no big deal..

..about 15 minutes later, he comes back in the room and hands me a packet of paper 13 pages in length about Duchenne's muscular dystrophy and says 'yep, it was French'.. :lol:

ive seen it done here, where people look up other articles for people and stuff like that..or even relate their own experiences to everybody here...thats what i love and thats why im doing this..

Cant wait to see you on the street,

-Tyler

Good for you! Never allow yourself to settle for learning the minimum that school will allow you to get by with. It's not enough. Always strive to not just know something. Strive to actually understand it.

Maintain that passion and you will excel in any field.

YAYY!! Way to go! You already have my vote for EMT of the month...even though you aren't yet...just because your mind is on the right track to having all the stuff it takes to be great! I'm a big fan of learning, as is Dust and Rid and many others on here. You will see and hear us preach about it constantly. I must say, I'm impressed with your attitude right off the bat...and at 18 none-the-less.

I think you're going to do a fine job...just keep that attitude going and there are no limits to your abilities or accomplishments. NEVER stop learning. Don't just perform skills; find out why, and then go one step further and look up something strange you ran across...learn about it, use the information to expand your knowledge and understanding of medicine.

Best of luck!

xoxo :wink:

Otherwise known as "Knowitallism". :D

WOW Ham I love that word...... :roll:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.