AMR hiring process in MA

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just showing up - Although not the best way to go about things...It has happened. heh.

It has?!?!?! No way.... Not at AMR. Who would be daring enough to try such a silly stunt? :D

Oh, I dunno...

Not you, of course.

:cyclops:

Someone who is rather daring, careless and desperate for an AMR job.

You are mostly accurate here... except the desperation was for "a" job. Any job would have done. :wink:

Yeah.... you were 14...

AMR -- the great stepping stone of EMS. I used to work for AMR and it was easy to get hired when I got hired -- one of the new start-ups had recruited all the old employees that had little to no loyalty. I then proceeded to work in the great state of Worcester for 5 years. THEN I became a paramedic and had a job offering at the service I currently work for full time and attempted to stay there per diem, but it seems that even though the scheduler, the station supervisors and even the field supervisors didn't like the fact that I was leaving full time, they accepted it. I go a letter from HR the day before my last scheduled full time shift accepting my request for transfer to per diem as my letter of resignation. :?

I do keep in touch with several of the people I used to work with (I even work with a few of them at our per diem "other" jobs) and AMR Northeast appears to be in a unique state currently. They have decertified the IAEP as there union (no great loss in my opinion -- but that's another subject) and begun talks with NEMSA. I still am on the IAEP's mailing list and I get their silly monthly newsletter......great fire starter!

All I have to say is good luck, don't stress and keep looking, AMR is not the only service in MA -- look around, there are several other private companies (EasCare, Quality Ambulance, Patriot, Trinity, Pathways) out there to be hired by, and several of them are offering more money than AMR to start, they also may be hiring quicker than AMR.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.