AMR hiring process in MA

hello all. My names john, and i have a question for anybody who worked or has knowledge with AMR. i just had my interview and passed all the tests, gave my personal experiences, and took the physical/drug test. i passed the physical but havent had my results back for the Backround Check or even if i got the job yet. i was wondering to how long this process takes? i did my physical, the last that was required from me, 6 days ago. im just way too excited to get this job, and i was wondering anyone elses lengths of time they waited before they got thier job. im from weymouth, massachussettes

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know AMR in Houston can take a while. I've had friends who were hired a week after, and I've had friends who were hired a month after. They will let you know one way or another, and usually tell you the reason why you weren't hired. Remember, they have to send that information off to a regional office who processes it for all of the offices in that region.

You sure you're from Weymouth? You can't even spell your Commonwealth's name correctly! All that with a spell check feature conveniently provided by admin.

As for getting the job, it depends on the company now. Did they give you a date by which you should hear something?

-be safe.

OhBoy! AMR In Massachusetts! Did you do your testing in Natick, or up in Newburyport?...Or Worcester, or Springfield? Sometimes, different offices are faster than others, where all hiring does go through HR in Natick. Keep on them, because sometimes it may take a while to hear back from them... At least find out when the next "New Hire Orientation" is. If all else fails, I know of at least two instances where people didn't hear back from HR, and just 'Showed up' on the first day of orientation. Although their names weren't on any list, they just got written in. As long as you have done your lift test, drug screening, and have all the paperwork, no one asks any questions.

As you can see, Communications is one of AMR's strong points in Massachusetts.

PM me if you're looking for more information :lol:

I'm not going to recommend the "just showing up" route, but I would recommend calling the HR department for the division you've applied to and checking on the status of your process. You just might find your answer that way. Take some initative and put in some effort, and you will probably get the rewards that you desire. Following up shows that you are interested and truely want the position.

Shane

NREMT-P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.