Dispatched to a call "unknown".

I came on here to summit a scenario, if it was to confusing (obviously) than for that I apologize, but to continue to pick apart and a brake down someones self worth just because you can't grasp the text is not right.

Your Right, I am sorry for any hurt feelings. I summit to you my humble apology.

Peace,

Marty

:thumbleft:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I came on here to summit a scenario, if it was to confusing (obviously) than for that I apologize, but to continue to pick apart and a brake down someones self worth just because you can't grasp the text is not right.

That accusation would hold a lot more weight if you had not accused me of attacking and trying to discredit you. Others may have questioned that you know what you are talking about, but the only thing I have done here is ask you very simple and direct questions about the scenario in a vain attempt to get clarification. You have answered none of our questions. You keep changing your story. You won't even admit that you quite obviously do not know the difference between pronation and supination. And now you are crying "victim" in a silly ploy to make us feel sorry for you. I think the only person you are fooling is yourself.

Honestly, I can't even figure out why you posted this scenario. You have no intention of telling us what happened. You have no intention of answering our questions. And you obviously are not interested in our critique. So what exactly was the point?

I told Dustdevil long before I put this scenario up That I was an EMT-B and he basically told me exactly what he thought about EMT-B's

And this thread is the perfect example of why I feel that way! Way too many of you take your 120 hour patch out to the world and pump yourself up as "lifesavers" when quite obviously you don't have a clue what you are doing. And won't admit it.

Do you really still think -- after all this -- that you are "giving back" anything to your community? You're putting your community in danger, if anything. I hope you can live with that.

I think that you guys just might be the type that can't let a new-by learn anything because perhaps they might just catch on quicker that you all did.

You know that I am EMT-B that's why I put the scenario here. I am in no way trying to be something I am not, I told Dustdevil long before I put this scenario up That I was an EMT-B and he basically told me exactly what he thought about EMT-B's, do you think that I wanted to tell anyone else. I just thought that this would be a place where I could learn new techniques and sharpen my skills, mentally.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that the people here are the type to not let a new person in out of fear that you might pick something up quicker than we did. There are many experienced providers here, but there also many inexperienced ones who try to play off having more experience/education then they really do. Like someone else mentioned, a truly experienced provider in the field can see through this really easily. The moment you try it, you end up discrediting yourself. Many people here have already demonstrated their knowledge and experience over time. The longer you stay and read, the more you'll pick up on who's experienced and reliable with their information.

I stayed out of this scenario, mostly because it was difficult to follow. This makes it difficult to respond with any accuracy and to make it an educational experience for anyone. A true scenario starts and flows until the end. It doesn't get "edited" repeatedly or have stories change. These frustrate other posters easily and again causes you to discredit yourself. As far as not being able to "grasp the text," maybe that's something you should look to yourself to correct? It seems to me that we can all read and understand English. Using proper grammar, rereading your posts and using spell checker will go a long way to making an intelligent sounding post that can be followed by many people with a grade school education. If the majority of people are having a problem understanding your post, do you really think that all of them are the problem? Or is it the post itself? Look at the common denominator...the post. Post intelligently and with thought, and we'll all follow along and we just might be able to learn from one another. Remember, on an internet forum your written/typed word is as good as your spoken word in person. Take pride in what you say and say it correctly. After all, we are all supposed to be healthcare professionals.

Thanks for finally clarifying your level of certification. It goes a long way to understanding what you might or might know as common knowledge. As far as Dust telling you what he feels about EMT's, that's his opinion. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. If you don't take pride in your level of care, who is going to do so? While not being a big fan of the EMT-B curriculum myself, I'm not going to discredit anyone who took the course and obtained the certification. It is what it is...a relatively short and easy course that provides a minimal (at best) base knowledge to be a pre hospital provider. Should the course be more than what it is? Yes. Would that go a long way towards an EMT-B being respected by others in the field? Probably. But those are both topics for another thread that have already been discussed. Be proud of what you've become and take pride in yourself and your position. You'll find people just might be more tolerant of errors and be willing to discuss a topic intelligently and with the intent of educating you.

Good luck,

Shane

NREMT-P

Thank you dustdevil, There you go again, you just got to keep going. Wham Bahm Smack!!!! Your are just like the little bunny that keeps going and going and never gets anywhere always stuck bang away!!!!!!

Thanks scaramedic, have a great night!!!!

Thank you dustdevil, There you go again, you just got to keep going. Wham Bahm Smack!!!! Your are just like the little bunny that keeps going and going and never gets anywhere always stuck bang away!!!!!!

Actually, that was the very first whack I have taken at you in this entire thread. Up to now, you've been whining about nothing. I just figured if I was going to take the heat for it, I might as well get the satisfaction of bashing you.

After all, we are all supposed to be healthcare professionals.

I thank you for that and perhaps if I had met you, or others like you, first on this website perhaps things would not have gone the way they did. Being new to EMT CITY and forums altogether and meeting dustdevil first was not a good thing, I really mean no disrespect, but it was not pleasant.

I am Bookkeeper of two newspapers in a small little town of 1300 people. Our town can not, does not and probably will never have any money for an ALS UNIT out here where we live. We are lucky to just have us!!!! I can not say that I truly disagree with what you are saying about EMT-B's needing more education. I to feel that this level should in fact have more education, that is why I am reading and studying and conversing all of the time, not to boast or act like somebody I'm not, but to have the knowledge fresh in my mind when I am called to a run. I thought that I had found a place where EMT's could go and learn more so that they could stay fresh.

Thanks again,

Teresa!

OK, I will finally weigh in with the last word on this topic as it is no longer worth reading.

Tzetah, your post was confusing from the get go. You followed no order, you presented no logical scenario, you used improper terminology and confused everyone, and you implied that you did/thought of several of the actions or interventions. No one would bash if you present a clear concise scenario from which we all could learn. However, your post was anything but...which is throwing red flags up everywhere. Your post gives us the sense that you have no clue as to what you are doing or saying, this is only the impression I percieve, as I know absolutely nothing about you. You may be the most smartest, gifted EMT out there, but what we perceived from your posts was the direct opposite. Perception is Reality!

Members here made honest efforts to clarify your post and try to salvage it, but you responded with more confusing riff raff. When asked direct questions, you avoided them. Now after being called out, you have resorted to petty antics.

We welcome you here and look forward to future posts. Hopefully we will learn from you and vice versa.

Post Locked!