Seatbelt Usage

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do ya'll honestly wear them when your're in the captain's chair, and unhook everytime you get up?

Yes. And anybody who doesn't should be fired.

Safety violations are intolerable. No excuses.

As much as possible, but we are 911 only (FD) so there are times when it is not feasible. If you don't wear your seatbelt as much as possible, then you are endangering your patient as much as you are endangering yourself.

I use mine constantly. I have to admit I'm not in the Captains chair as much as my medic partner but when I am, I wear my belt. the last thing I want to hear when in the back is the driver saying " Hold On ". I still use it when on the bench and of course whilst driving.

Until they create a restraint system, that allows me to do my job, its not happening.

I believe the question is, when it does not interfere with you doing your job, do you wear it?

Sounds to me like you're saying you don't ever wear it at all.

Always in the front.

In the back, it depends. If I am working in the city, calls don't last long.

If I am working in the country, or doing a long distance, Yes!.

Everyonce in a while I forget, but I almost always buckle up, even if I'm on the bench seat. Especially for BLS, there is almost no reason to not be buckled up. You should be able to suction or bag from the captains seat and take BPs from the bench seat (or CPR seat if in a mod and taking BPs on the right arm).

Personally, when I'm working on my paperwork during a transport, I find it easier to write with a belt on. I don't have to worry about being shifted around from starts/stops/bumps.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.