What do you want the public to know about EMS?

1. Just because you see me outside, doesn't mean that I want you to stop me when I'm trying to eat to ask me to show your kid the ambulance.

2. It is not okay to call just because your lonely.

3. I'm sorry, we aren't (insert other ambulance service) here, we can only take you there, there, or over there.

4. Please be understanding that your dog humping my leg is not viewed as a "nice" thing.

5. I'm sorry your in handcuffs, and no you can't use my cell phone to call your mom.

6. I have no money, stop expecting me to give you money because you ask for it at the stop light.

7. Please don't walk up to me and show me some odd thing growing on your penis, you have a doctor for a reason.

8. Our phone number has changed, it is 1800-555-5555; that 911 thing is no longer in use. :P

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody had great ideas. One thing that I would like to add: Please don't come up to me and ask me "what is the grossest thing you ever saw?" because I might say "your face !!! :evil: " or " we were not going to eat here,because your ambulance was parked out in front ha ha :roll: ". My reply"well we have to eat lunch too." (sometimes I just want to reach out and choke someone for the stupid comments made.)

(sorry spell check is not working) :?

*sigh* :? I don't know whether to delete this thread altogether and start over, or try to salvage it.

This is not a "pet peeve" thread. That has already been done. This is not an invitation to bitch and tell people what to do and what not to do. What I am asking for in this thread is...

Tell me what the public should know about EMS SYSTEMS. I want defining characteristics. I want to know what people should read if they look EMS or Paramedics up in the encyclopaedia.

Please take your pet peeves and your one-liners to a more appropriate thread.

Thank you.

Devil,

I would like the public to see us as professionals. I know that as an individual I try hard to keep a professional image because what I do reflects back on everyone who works in ems.

I would like the public to know that we do this because somewhere deep inside us we do care about the communities we live in.

I would like the public to know that every time we run out of the station we do put our lives on the line to help others.

I would like the public to know that when they put their lives in our hands we do everything in our power to ensure they get the best care possible.

I really don't care if I'm called a driver, EMT or paramedic...my concern is that I did all I could for the patient.

I would like the public to know that we are there for them 24/7 and then some.

I can get irritated at BS calls just like the next person....but it comes with the territory.

I would like the public to know that they need EMS and the very special people who can actually do the job.

If I were to write an article about EMS, it wouldn't be all the negative stuff that we already read about. But I would write on how each and every one of us give of ourselves every time the tones brake the silence of the night... to make someone Else's life better. What life would be like without dedicated em ts, ambulance drivers and paramedics. We save lives and that is what I want the public to know about us.

Dust,

I thought I did this with my last entry, if not then delete away.

Yes sir, you did. I apprecite it, and I did not mean to imply that you had missed the mark. It's just that almost everybody else did, and continued to even after the first clarification.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.