What kind of boots do you wear?

speak

type of boots i wear? well, in the summer i wear Tropical Combat Boots, and for colder weather i wear regular full leather Combat Boots, both types from Rothco.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had kodiaks, too warm, too soft of a sole....

I've had Rockies, my fav's so far! Identical to Danners, lightweight, comfy, but no steel toes!!

I currently wear RedWings, good boots, need the custom insoles though, that made all the difference!

Now, I also agree, boots for ankle support, keep my feet dry/clean, no blood/puke/urine on my ankles, and I think boots look good!

Dustdevil, you're getting wierder every post I read of yours....maybe you just always do your own thing?

Justin black ropers for me they are great!!!! 911 service and also take grandma to the doctor,been wearing them since 89 when i got into this field.i have never had a problem with them even when it ices over.

Not to ressurrect an old thread or anything, but I have had some time in boots, even though not in EMS land.

I would guide you folks to take a serious look at matching the boots you wear to the environment you are in. I love boots, as long as they are the right ones for what I am doing, and the ankle support in most is great, and I can see a benefit for those in the EMS community.

If you are going to be on pavement (which I assume most are) for most of your work, then the "panama" sole that comes on Jungle boots has the potential to hurt your feet more than they help. While the boot itself is a great boots, (breathability and all that) the sole is not designed fro use on pavement. Resole those boots with the vibram sierra soles to get some real comfort out of them. Also, there are a bunch of boots being manufactured now for comfort and reliability (a first in the Military Realm). Basics like the Belleville 390's (perhaps in the "non-desert" varient depending on your department's policies) are great boots which have some sneaker like properties. Also you have a variety of "SF" type boots from people like Altama and I think Adidas. Boots are getting better, and there are many out there to choose from.

• 2 weeks later...

I currently wear an all-leather boot or a waterproof nylon/leather boot, both from Altama.

I am looking for a side-zip boot in a size 16 wide or 17... anyone know of anyone? Altama, Corcoran, and others have generic military styles that go up to a 16 or 17, but nothing with a side zipper.

Any ideas?

I wear jungle boots, they breathe, they're lightweight, and you can run in them like sneakers(sort of).

Here's a link: [web:7ac8170012]http://www.militaryclothing.com/IBS/SimpleCat/Shelf/ASP/Hierarchy/04.html[/web:7ac8170012]

I wear these as well. They are comfortable and inexpensive. Add the zipper device for another ten bucks or so and you have easy on and off.

• 5 months later...

For the girls-

Have any of you found a pair of boots that you love? I would prefer to have a pair with a zipper (perhaps I'm lazy, but it'd be so nice to have!), they have to be steel toes and I really hate the look of a leather boot with the mesh/nylon sections in it, the real SWAT style. I've been looking for a decent pair and have been quite dissapointed with my search efforts. The Danners seem to be the closest style wise to what i have in mind, but they sure are pricey! (are they at least worth that money?) I'm just starting out and can't afford to waste my money....need to get the best bang for my buck!

any suggestions?

I loved my black Terra Wildesiders....they were tough and durable (they lasted me nearly 6 years of full time work, and some part time stuff on the side), warm, water resistant (no mesh) yet they were narrow enough to fit my feet without all the bulging that I have in my new boots. Right now I have Dakotas on and I dislike them, but they were the only thing I could find in a pinch to fit me....they're really big around the ankles and they bunch, even with insoles. They do have a good grip though....

Tox :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.