Noloxone...should EMT-I's be able to administer?

Should EMT-I's be able to administer Narcan?  

63 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no, it's should be a paramedic drug only
    • undecided

#-o Emergency Medical Tigger wrote:

A vet tech can push narcan and it doesn't hurt the 'real' doctor's feelings? The vet techs should want to educate themselves more. What a disgrace to the field of veterinarian medicine! If you were a horse would you rather have a licensed vet or a vet tech give you a medication? *note sarcasm*

How dare you add sarcasm to this thread!! :D You are going to offend some of the Paragods here!! So i'll play a little song for them... :-({|=

:grommit: Grommit sarcastically says, " I only want 'higher educated veterinarians' giving ME Narcan...not you undereducated vet techs!"

Now that people are speaking up...those who are against this topic are trying to get it locked! :dontknow: Post on all ye who are in support! Those not...stop reading this thread and move on to trashing other threads! :violent2:

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#-o Emergency Medical Tigger wrote:

How dare you add sarcasm to this thread!! :D You are going to offend some of the Paragods here!! So i'll play a little song for them... :-({|=

:grommit: Grommit sarcastically says, " I only want 'higher educated veterinarians' giving ME Narcan...not you undereducated vet techs!"

Now that people are speaking up...those who are against this topic are trying to get it locked! :dontknow: Post on all ye who are in support! Those not...stop reading this thread and move on to trashing other threads! :violent2:

The "paragods" want the thread closed, because the theory behind your desire to see this implemented is flawed in everyway, you havent presented a consise arguement to follow any of the principals of medicine, and have proven yourself to be a great example of why I's should not be getting this medication.

Because your an idiot.

Now admin, please....can a brotha get a thread lock?

Now admin, please....can a brotha get a thread lock?

NO!

I want 216, count 'em, TWO NINER (Ok, ONER, but NINER sounds more CB radio ish...LOL do you remember when Chris Farley said "niner" like he was some funny trucker in that movie Tommy Boy, man that was a great movie, lol Buddy Whackit lol, too bad he's dead, but I digress) SIXER hours of education and be able to give naloxone. I have very little time and a tremendous amount of lives to save *tears off shirt in life saving frenzy*

Then and only then, may this thread be locked.

Fin.

PS - I want Rocuronium too aka the "Roc" (Holla!) to facilitate my OPA insertions. Dear Ontario Base Hospital Committee...

So now the thread has been reduced to direct name calling...*that's* real professional. I've seen more horse's butts in this thread than I saw during the race this weekend. :roll:

That's because you were in third! Only two horse's butts in front of you!

Sorry, I'm trying to be optimistic.

So much anger here....remember what Master Yoda says you should.

1030528709445ed47bae7a3.gif

Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Suffering leads to Paramedic School.

Peace,

Marty

:thumbleft:

I am such a geek!

So much anger here....remember what Master Yoda says you should.

1030528709445ed47bae7a3.gif

Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Suffering leads to Paramedic School.

Peace,

Marty

:thumbleft:

I am such a geek!

Is this why i am going to paramedic school in the fall? I am angry ........and suffering....... :roll:

Horses butts, jedi masters.... This is why the thread needs to be closed. Not because people are speaking up, but because people are experiencing craniorectal inversion.

Now the argument is "vet techs can do it, so we should too". Since you guys can't seem to see the difference......

THEY WORK ON ANIMALS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm starting to believe if this goes on long enough that through denial and error :wink: (did you get that dust?) that someone might actually stumble upon a good reason.

No, actually they won't.

I was hoping we could get in at least 4 more pages of nonsense, but it doesnt appear that it will be kept civil enough.

Hmmmm....I am thinking of a word that starts with L and ends with OCKED!

Can you guess it?