Looking for suggestions for kids education

We take part every year in "take your kid to work day" and like to give an overview of the squad here at work.

ANy suggestions on what to do with the kids during the 15 minute classroom session??? These are kids aged 7-9- so I want to come up with something fun, informative and educational.

Have them all pile in the ambulance and sling and swath each other.

I figure that's about as useful as anything an EMT-B learns and a skill that they can take home with them without any fear of them hurting anybody. And next time you see an EMT who can't figure out how to properly apply a sling, you can laugh at him and tell him you taught 7 year olds to do it in fifteen minutes. :|

Have them all pile in the ambulance and sling and swath each other.

I figure that's about as useful as anything an EMT-B learns and a skill that they can take home with them without any fear of them hurting anybody. And next time you see an EMT who can't figure out how to properly apply a sling, you can laugh at him and tell him you taught 7 year olds to do it in fifteen minutes. :|

Wow.... you manage to find a way to insult Basics in almost every post you make, don't you?

Well is the teacher going to be there? Collar/board the teacher... what kid that age doesn't want to see their teacher tied up??

Wow.... you manage to find a way to insult Basics in almost every post you make, don't you?

Only the ones who can't properly apply a sling, which is actually very, very, very common here in the US.

Remember, you're from someplace where EMT school is longer than 120 hours.

Hi,

I've not started my paramedic schooling yet, but I've been teaching young children 1st aid for 11 yrs now. Some things kids have enjoyed are slinging as dustdevil suggested, dealing with minor cuts and bleeding, but i've found the most interesting for them at that age is learning how to deal w/ consc choking victims. The important thing is to get them interacting and active regardless of what you do because most have extremely short attention spans. 1st aid trivia games are fun too, combining them with a tag relay to get them running. Just some suggestions!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.