Saved! New Paramedic Drama on TNT

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and as far as being forced in to med. school by his father, sorry again, bad story line. Can not be forced into anything after 18yrs old.

Unless your father was controlling your entire life and he's ingrained in your head that you can't do anything right and in order to be a success in life you need to do what he does. No... No one in the world has a dysfunctional family.

So that doesn't fly either. The statement made by whom ever about this being a hobby and not a career is the biggest problem.

It's a father disapproving of his son's choices. The medic clearly thinks his father is wrong and is doing what he wants. Do you always agree with what your daddy thinks?

IF you have been reading the posts in other forums and notice the over all attitude of this site or at least of the main contributors you would know that professionalism and education are the paramount in the continued improvement as forward push of EMS. Those of us that have made this our careers and dedicated ourselves to the drive for professional recognition are the ones that can see the damage this can and will cause.

If you look at this site and other forums, honestly a lot of people don't speak up on their thoughts as the "main contributors" normally attack anything they don't like viciously and the person posting just doesn't see the point of arguing with someone who always thinks they are right. It's also why the boards become stagnant and only the select few post.

And as far as how the media represents EMS here where i am from ... well it is slowly improving. i can still see a young reporter seeing this as their first " experience " with EMS and letting it sway his judgment. We are consistently being treated like the red-headed step-children. Because of this kind of influence.

Just as we don't like stereotypes on us, lets do it our-self and say these young reporters are so naive they will be brainwashed by a show on TNT. And on the note of TNT... it's TNT no one really watches that anyway B)

In my humble opinion everyone now a days is so damn whiny, trying to be too politically correct and crying over everything that they don't like.

I WILL watch it, for nothing else than to maybe be like "huh, yep wouldn't have done that". Hell I watch Paramedics (what channel is it on Discovery? Can't remember) and sometimes you see them do retarded things, why aren't you up in arms that actual medics are doing stupid stuff on TV? I'd be more annoyed with that than a fictional show.

Will I come back to this thread? Probably not, arguing on the Internet is like the Special Olympics, even if you win your still retarded. <-- see not PC

I plan on watching it, I personally think Rescue Me is an interesting show to watch. I'm not there to watch some guy be a fire fighting, I'm there for the story line. Same reason why I'll watch Saved and why I've watched ER for so long.

I wouldn't watch any of those stupid shows.

Not even if Alyssa Milano was in them. 8)

And anybody who thinks the television story lines are even half as interesting as real life EMS must be a rookie. :wink:

I wouldn't watch any of those stupid shows.

Not even if Alyssa Milano was in them. 8)

And anybody who thinks the television story lines are even half as interesting as real life EMS must be a rookie. :wink:

I don't watch TV to learn, I watch TV to fill a bit of time in which I feel like being a vegetable.

Fortunately for us we have had seeral in our corner that have extended themselves in portraying what we do. Anyone remember the show "Paramedics" on Discovery Health? How about "Rescue 911"? While not exactly the most pointed spear to throw at this topic, I think it beats a rock any day.

Television makes its money when people watch their shows, sit through the commercials and buy the prodcts of the show's sponors. whether it is good shows or bad, the end result that those at TNT care about is that people buy the products advertised. Besides, why is anyone even surprised? Ted Turner own the network, he was married to Jane fonda, and those of us who are military know what a gem Jane is/was. Trash TV sells just like watching lesbians get it on in jello. (We know what I was watching last night) Like it was said earlier in this stream, it still comes down to what goes on in the real world, and most people don't get to see that until we come screeching to a halt at a scene.

I enjoy watching someone else attempt to put a spin or proclaim to know whjat it is that I do for a living, it gives me a live, attentive forum to dispell the myths and hopefullty impress upon the ignorant masses our role in preserving life. There are those that do not live in caves, or walk aroung dragging their knucles that DO know and understand what is real and what is fiction and yes ladies and gentlement this is a case where imitation is NOT a sincere form of flattery and NO art does not imitate life in this case. But there is a ring of truth in it.

There are Med School dropouts in our profession, there are those that use EMS as a stepping stone or another rung on the ladder up. There

ARE those of us with addiction problems, and on occasion I have been known to respond to a call looking as though I fell on a "Wrinkle Bomb".

It's TV folks. The biggest liar second only to Satan, well maybe third or fourth if you consider lawyers and politicians. The best image of EMS MJUST ALWAYS and STILL comes from us in the field.

That's just my two cents.

We actually record the the episodes of Paramedics and point out what the crews did wrong, the last one I saw was Detroit...they had some "interesting" c-spine methods. :?

As I keep reading some of the posts regarding the Discovery show "Paramedics" I'm starting to think :roll: maybe that show is the only one that really shows a somewhat positive look of EMS to the general "NON" EMS public. I know we in EMS can sit there watch the show and find many mistakes that the medics and EMT's are doing, but how many "average" citizens out there can really pick that show apart for the screw ups.

"Emergency" was a great show,but the paramedics were firefighters also,and EMS was 2 guys in white suits who brought the litter,placed Pt on litter,and really did not touch the Pt. So the public gets the idea that we are all firefighters run by the fire dept. How many of you have been asked by joe public if you are a firefighter paramedic?

"Rescue 911" was one of the ca ca shows in my opinion. On that show almost everybody lived and no one died.

take care and be safe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.