New Registry Patch Design

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gold looks good in person, but it looks horrible in the ebay scan.

But yeah, I am just not a fan of round patches anyhow. Nor am I a fan of the Star Of Life.

Consequently, the NR patch sucks.

The gold looks good in person, but it looks horrible in the ebay scan.

But yeah, I am just not a fan of round patches anyhow. Nor am I a fan of the Star Of Life.

Consequently, the NR patch sucks.

Word, I kind of like the Texas patch though.

Word, I kind of like the Texas patch though.

It was better before the last re-design too. The new "EMT" on the state silhouette sucks. Although I don't like the Star Of Life, it beats the hell out of having EMT in giant letters on your patch.

Glad I don't have to wear one of those.

No thanks. Saw that on ebay a couple of months ago. They're uglier than sin. Who makes these decisions anyway? :evil:

I've got plenty of old-design patches (rocker beneath), and shall continue to use them until I pass away.

Anyone remember the rocker-above AND below? I'm thinking the P patch had that, or was that just the I patch?

It was better before the last re-design too. The new "EMT" on the state silhouette sucks. Although I don't like the Star Of Life, it beats the hell out of having EMT in giant letters on your patch.

Glad I don't have to wear one of those.

You mean the old ones that said Texas Department of Health? Thats what is on my shirts, all of the new paramedics have the DSHS ones. I know a guy who still has Special Skills. :shock:

You mean the old ones that said Texas Department of Health?

Yeah, back when they didn't say "EMT" in huge block letters in the state silhouette. If I were a lowly tech-school medic, I wouldn't change my patches to the new ones, that's for sure. In fact, taking an extra year to finish your degree so you can get rid of the "EMT" designation is good motivation to do so.

Texas patches are really pretty ugly though. Way too big and gaudy, but then again, that's what Texas is all about. :P

I didn't even wear a paramedic patch on most of my uniforms throughout the years. Just the department patch, or no patches at all, if I could get away with it. Nobody reads them or knows WTF they are other than other medics anyhow.

Old Texas Paramedic Patch (tech school medics)

tdhparamedic.jpg

New Texas Paramedic Patch (tech school medics)

tdshsparamedic.gif

Texas Licensed Paramedic Patch (degreed medics)

tdshslp.gif

Old Texas EMT-B Patch

tdhbasicsticker.jpg

New Texas EMT-B Patch

tdshsbasic.gif

We had some Tx. Paramedics, that used to work with me.. (the old patch style). With a few choice markings on the bar style EMT, you could form the word sh*t...some reason or another, they didn't like that ?..... :wink:

R/R 911

I discovered that one day while sitting in the supply building.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.