• No, I would not. It gives false hopes and burden of cost, etc
    • Yes, I would for the parents sake... some closure
    • Yes, I would for the chance of survival
    • No, dead is dead.. no matter if it is pediatric or adult

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may clarify things.. please note age the legal & correct definition as well as age (<1y.o.) and special considerations. This site has some additional information, that some may want to review.

R/R 911

[web:0f01d09bcb]http://www.sidscenter.org/ProfessionalRole.aspx?fromparent=parent&id=5&heading=ProfessionalsRole[/web:0f01d09bcb]

I've lost four grandchildren to "SIDS".

BandAid...I'm very sorry for your losses. I'm sure this discussion is not a happy one for you. Please accept our apologies if we have said anything to hurt or offend you in any way.

xoxoxoxo

Eric...I am so sorry to hear you lost your son. Losing a child at any point is likely the most painful heart-wrenching experience any human can experience. The thing that makes it so much more difficult is when it's so early in life and you find you grieve so much more of that potential future.

My son was stillborn just over a year ago (died March 28th/05, born sleeping April 7th/05)...and it has been this life altering event that has made me reconsider my career choice (hence bringing me here).

This SIDS thread caught my attention because of my own experience. Not that SIDS is by any means comparable to stillbirth or neo-natal loss per say... but it made we wonder so much more about what the experiences are like for everyone here with the whole gamut of babyloss.

Grieving a baby (from pregnancy up to the first year) is very different then grieving a child. There are separate sources of support specifically designed to address the issues that come with this. I know from first hand experience the lack of understanding in the medical field about baby loss (during pregnancy)...but I also know it's changing as more of us parents who have lost...become active in trying to change things.

I don't by any means want to take from the focus of this thread as it's very enlightening and important for you to discuss...but I would like to hear about the broader subject if anyone is willing to share.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.