Embarrasing calls that you were the patient.

Scaramedic

I have had to do it a bunch of times:

1st time I was found down and out in the parking lot at work, slipped on the ice, hit my head on the bumper on the way down.

2nd time I was attacked and trapped in drain auger, (long story).

3rd, -6th times: anaphlatyc shock; the worst was being transported in my own ALS rig (private service) with a FF/medic teching, and my partner driving. I have gotten even though, I have taken her in twice.

The first and only time I was a pt in then ambo was when I was 16 ( I can't believe I even remember this, must be the scar :wink: ), Anyway, it was when I was playing hockey up in Norden Ontario. It was the first time I tore ligaments in my knee. The ambo arrived and the loaded me up, still in full equipment except for the lid. The ambulance attendants ( as this was 1976 ) were making it worse, the phrase " does this hurt? " comes to mind :roll: It was some ordeal to remove my equipment in the ED as it hurt like hell! Soon, the MD came and looked at it. During his exam, he's twisting and turning my leg!!!!! :shock:. His next statement, was, and I quote, " you're injury doesn't seem to be conducive to your complaint", WTF? get me out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I've had 2 surgeries since then on the same knee. Last time he said " see ya in 10 yrs " lol.

I have also informed my partner that if I ever need them to pick me up, keep the trauma shears to yourself. There's no way they're cutting my clothes off ( unless she's hot, right Dust?)

Jake....you promised I could cut your clothes off......... :roll:

WTF...??? Has this changed???? LMAO!

xoxoxo

Not at all 8! You're not my partner. :wink:

All RIGHT!!!!! 8) I KNEW there was a benefit to us not working together...now I finally know why.. :nike: ..LMAO...

I get to use my pink scissors too...I LOVE cutting stuff with my pink scissors...

Luv ya!

When I first started for my current company I literally fell out of the plane as we were unloading the pt. I guess I hit my head and lost consciousness, because when I woke up I was on a backboard and my partner was trying not to laugh (damn nurses!). So they wheeled our pt. into the hospital and I was taken in right after. The ER staff was smirking and trying not to laugh themselves. All I was thinking was, "There goes this job!", but I was taken back into the fold, yet I'm always told to "watch my step", and "look before you leap!". It's all in good fun, but boy was it embarrassing at the time.

I wasn't the patient, but it was my partner (back in 1998). He were told that we had to get our PPD shots at the local ER. My partner and I went in after we took a patient there. My partner is 6'4". We decide to just stand up while we get our shots. My partner is gets his shot, looks at me and his eyes roll in the back of his head. Initially, I thought he was just kidding, but when he passed out, I knew he wasn't. He fell straight back, hitting his head on the floor splitting his cocanut requiring 14 stitches. His head bounced up and hit the little basket that sits underneath the ER gurney and split his nose open. Every nurse and doctor in the ER came running with a backboard, c-collar and CID's. I spent 4 hours in the ER waiting for him. It was funny. The real crappy part is, when he got his itemized bill, they charged him $71 for a philly c-collar. We offered to pull one off our squad and give it back to the ER.

did he give the boss the bill workers comp

me this was before i start to work EMS A privet security

agent any ways i was on my way to work in my new car only had it for 2 weeks women run a red light and hit right in the driver door any wasy was a all women crew on the truck when they got me in the back of the truck she start to take off my pants and and grabs my privet spot never known why till i start ems was thinking thats what she like to do on hoto guys lol

well, I haven't had to call the ambulance for me. Back in December though, my eldest son decided to pull a stupid stunt and bounced his head off of the floor. He was refusing to move and in enough pain that he was laying on the floor silently crying. He was not feelinghis legs and feet correctly, so I called for help. Of course, this was a day that I was the crew on call and my director was driver. So, much fun explaining it because my son was already in an ankle brace for a sprained ankle. :oops: Fortunately, this being a small town, the doc knows how active this particular son is. :lol:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.