Braun or AEV Ambulance?

emt134

What is the highest quality ambulance: Braun, Horton, AEV  

12 members have voted

1. 1.

• Horton
    • AEV
    • Braun

We are looking to purchase a new Type III ambulance (E Series Ford Chassis). The two finalists are the Braun and AEV. We currently have 2 Brauns (2000 Raider (E Series, rear drive) and 1995 Chief (E Series, rear drive)) and a single rear wheel drive 1993 Horton. We will be trading in the 1993 Horton on this new one. Our coverage area is rural and we are looking at a 4X4 Quigley system (our first). Any comments/recommendations from the EMS community? Thanks!

We have seven Braun NW units (4 E350, 3 E450) and one Mobile Medical that was rechassied at Braun. We love them and don't think we will ever change. I will say when we were shopping around I was impressed by Horton though. Good Luck.

• 1 year later...

My Squad has all Horton boxes. I've never had a problem, but we have considered other companys for the new ambulance we're getting... From another local squad, they told me they have Braun's, and are not happy with them. Then again, this is what I'm used to.

We have one Braun and two Wheeled Coaches ( ? ) at our station. I personally like the Braun, however it is not as tall as the Wheeled Coach. Other than that, we haven't had any problems with it.

Good luck obtaining a E-450 diesel. Ford and Navistar are having some disagreement ( to put it mildly ), and will no longer offer the diesel in an E series chassis.

Dont you guys just pick the one with the biggest box and most flashing lights? :cry:

Good luck obtaining a E-450 diesel. Ford and Navistar are having some disagreement ( to put it mildly ), and will no longer offer the diesel in an E series chassis.

Thats a smart marketing/consumer orientated move :shock:

I have worked on all three. Braun's are the nicest.

Horton, never really liked them. Too many electrical problems. Too many problems.

AEV's are good. That said, I am good friends with service and sales reps. Currently, we run a fleet of 15 AEVs, beat the crap out of them, and have very few problems.

Braun. Pretty nice. If given the choice, and an unlimited budget, Braun would be my choice. I also know sales reps.

No, I can't get you a better deal.

My squad as an old braun and we are looking to get our new ambulance from braun....in their quote, they offered to restore the old plumber truck braun ambualnce we have.

P&L Custom and Road Rescue SUCK.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.