Stupid things you've said on calls

chazmedic

Well I have to say i am glad there is a place I can share my idiocy. It makes me feel better to know there are others like me. :) This happened when I was doing a rotation for medic school in the L & D dept. I was watching my first delivery. For some reason to me it looked more bloody and violent than I was expecting. I wanted to ask the physician, where all the bleeding was coming from. But I didnt want to upset the pt., as it was her first child. So what came out was, " what's all that red stuff?" :roll: OMG What the H#**! How could I have said that? It was the only thing that came to my mind. The DR., nurses and my classmate wailed in laughter. :oops: I wanted to die....there was no recovery for it. I wish I could say this was the only time I had the word vomit. Never would have lived it down either...except I said even more stupid things later in the year. Those will be posted later on. I think this is almost like a support group session. Thanks again.... I needed this.

Hello everyone, my name is basic 2 da rescue and I am a verbal moron.... it has been 35 days since my last screw up......hee hee

>> So, being the smart ass I am, I said, "Well, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night," and no one got it.

I can't resist: We brought in a pt. who was HIV positive. The lead tech is anxious to share this information with the ER staff 'right away' (he's an excitable sort), so he walks up to this person in a white lab coat talking to some family members of another pt. and says "Excuse me doctor, can I have a quick word with you in private?" The guy looks at the EMT deadpan and says, "Well, I'm not really a Doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express Last Night." Well, the tech was so thrown off because he wasn't expecting that answer that he just stood there saying "uh, well, I uh, need to talk to someone about a pt.. uh do you know...." Meanwhile his entire crew is standing behind him cracking up, the Doctor is trying not to explode in laughter, even the family members had tears in there eyes. To this day, I don't think he realized the humor.

JAFO

>> So, being the smart ass I am, I said, "Well, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night," and no one got it.

I can't resist: We brought in a pt. who was HIV positive. The lead tech is anxious to share this information with the ER staff 'right away' (he's an excitable sort), so he walks up to this person in a white lab coat talking to some family members of another pt. and says "Excuse me doctor, can I have a quick word with you in private?" The guy looks at the EMT deadpan and says, "Well, I'm not really a Doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express Last Night." Well, the tech was so thrown off because he wasn't expecting that answer that he just stood there saying "uh, well, I uh, need to talk to someone about a pt.. uh do you know...." Meanwhile his entire crew is standing behind him cracking up, the Doctor is trying not to explode in laughter, even the family members had tears in there eyes. To this day, I don't think he realized the humor.

JAFO

JAFO

People do NOT watch enough television these days!

What hospital was this at JAFO? I'm from the Albany area.

Respond at 4 in the morning for female with abdominal pain - half asleep was I and didn't occur to me that the two girls that walked into the ambulance even though they were kissing each other and calling each other pet names, I still had enough nerve to ask "Is there any possibility that your pregnant" they both looked at each other than looked at me and laughed.

Somethings shoulf just be left to the hospital to ask.

Respond at 4 in the morning for female with abdominal pain - half asleep was I and didn't occur to me that the two girls that walked into the ambulance even though they were kissing each other and calling each other pet names, I still had enough nerve to ask "Is there any possibility that your pregnant" they both looked at each other than looked at me and laughed.

Somethings shoulf just be left to the hospital to ask.

]

Maybe she swings for both teams?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.