Am I a Fireman yet?

Dsmitty, it's not that we don't appreciate the hose monkeys, it's just that we get feed up with this constant verbal diarrhea that keeps emulating from the fire guys.

I mean, we know they think they're the cock of the walk, but I for one really wish they'd get over themselves.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, I agree, its not fire bashing, especially for me, its just that some people have such a lack of a life that they write stuff like the above. I know plenty of ff's who would read that and puke too. Suprising as it is, many of them, just like us, prefer to spend their time DOING THEIR JOBS rather than trying to be heros.

I think it would do the whole public safety field a world of service if we took all the slogans, and the T-shirts, and the syrupy inspiration stories, and put locked them away for a while. Stuff like that breeds people with many bumperstickers and lights on their cars.

Look, I agree, its not fire bashing, especially for me, its just that some people have such a lack of a life that they write stuff like the above. I know plenty of ff's who would read that and puke too. Suprising as it is, many of them, just like us, prefer to spend their time DOING THEIR JOBS rather than trying to be heros.

I think it would do the whole public safety field a world of service if we took all the slogans, and the T-shirts, and the syrupy inspiration stories, and put locked them away for a while. Stuff like that breeds people with many bumperstickers and lights on their cars.

Well put Asysin. :)

I do not hate firefighters. Some of my best friends are FF. I was also a FF for 16 yrs. Heck ,I'm sure we all know EMS personnel out there that have ego's and the hero syndrome.

Let the FF's have their hero complex. Most firemen in my area might do 2 - actual pull someone out of a burning building and save their life in a 20 year career, when most of my medics have had 2 cardiac arrest saves(survive to discharge neurologically intact) in their first 5 years. Sure the FF's get their name in the paper and are worshiped and we are soon forgotten but we know the difference. As far as the verbal diarrhea from FF's - they need to work extra hard to keep up w/ me on that. SO screw 'em all and let God sort 'em out.

Nobody needs the Fire Department around until it's time to put the patient on the cot and move to the ambulance. Then suddenly everyone "needs" the hose monkeys. :lol:

SO WHY ARE YOU BEING BLATANTLY INFLAMMATORY AGAIN!?!?!?!?!?!

Paramedic_3.jpg

Dude, that was my first post on the subject. Second, "sarcasism is one of my many services provided". Third, I work two jobs, in one I drive a fire engine, the second, I ride in the back of the ambo as the paramedic so I hear it and say it.