Techno-scope

I think that I can speak for most ALS personal when I say that we will still do our own assessment (including our monitor & 12 lead). So even if BLS has this toy, it is still of no real use to ALS because they will conduct their own assessment.

Also, you don't treat what some toy tells you. You treat what is going on with your patient as a whole.

...it worked pretty well...

What does that mean? You successfully visualised squiggly lines?

Can you qualify or quantify that claim for us?

Our bike team tried something like this because they couldn't carry a monitor, it was basically a little box with an LCD screen that showed the rhythm. To put it mildly it sucked, any movement on the patients part, you know like breathing showed massive artifact.

Besides you should not need a monitor, or any other piece of machinery to tell you what your patient needs. Do not look at a monitor to see if your patient needs to be bagged, look at your patient. There is nothing you are going to see on that monitor that is going to change the treatment you can provide. A thorough assessment is the most valuable tool you have, do not waste your money on a useless gadget.

If you want to spend money, buy a decent stethoscope and some tapes to learn lung and heart sounds. That will help your patients a lot more than a fancy EKG/Stethoscope thing.

Peace,

Marty

:thumbleft:

What does that mean? You successfully visualised squiggly lines?

Can you qualify or quantify that claim for us?

No, it was accurate in detecting a normal sinus rhythmn, as well as sinus bradycardia and sinus tachcardia (yes, I realize the spelling is off) LOL

Meh...no thanks. I don't have time for crap like this...and no...I'm not trying to be difficult or arrogant. I just don't like "stuff". I'm not a fan of ANYONE relying on things like this to assess their patient. I'm sure someone had good intentions, but I'd rather not mess with any of this. I'll take my 12 lead and a thorough assessment (which like someone already said....we're going to do anyway, regardless of what anyone thinks they found with this contraption.)

:roll:

xoxo

No, it was accurate in detecting a normal sinus rhythmn, as well as sinus bradycardia and sinus tachcardia

You could have done that with a radial pulse for free.

And what exactly can you do with that information, even if you have it?

Of what value is this information -- and the device itself -- to you or your patient?

This is silliness. It's doing things simply because you can, which is the absolute worst practice in EMS.

(yes, I realize the spelling is off) LOL

So why not fix it? Do you have any idea how bad it makes you look to ignore simple details, yet waste time on things outside your scope of practise?

Your reputation is everything in this business.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.