Challenging NCLEX

flight-lp

My point there should not be an opinion that you are to good to perform care to a patient.... If you are there only for the heroic treatments, you should choose another line of work. Patient care is patient care... funny the profession considered with the least education actually thinks they are better than others... how ironic.

Be safe.

R/R 911

My point there should not be an opinion that you are to good to perform care to a patient.... If you are there only for the heroic treatments, you should choose another line of work. Patient care is patient care... funny the profession considered with the least education actually thinks they are better than others... how ironic.

Be safe.

R/R 911

As much as we believe that, it is sad that it goes on. Now I'm seeing nurses who leave their patients in filth because that is the CNA's job in their eyes. :roll:

• 11 years later...

To the moron who said Paramedics know just enough to look stupid has obviously not seen real paramedics in action or lives in a 3rd world country.

I respect nurses and such I won't degrade them as a whole. But give most of them a ACLS exam and they will fail it. Give them a Wyd tube and wouldnt know what to do. Show them a vent and they will call RT for help.

Remember our roles and why they were created. Rns were introduced to help and manage care in a hospital setting. Paramedics were created to substitute doctors who stopped responding to homes and scenes. Hence the name Para meaning mobile and medic deriving from medical doctor.

I'm married a very competent nurse and know many of them. If Parmaedics scope was lesser why to they use them to transport MIcu or critical patients to a higher level of care. Hmmmm.

In today's schooling medics are being taught Foley Cath, ng  tube and other nursing skills for a reason. If medics were lower than a nurse why did the nurses try and failed to block Paramedic from working in ERs  and icus in Texas.

Knowledge is power and for those that don't know go and study.

I speak as a EMTP & BSN.

I think this might be the oldest necro'd topic we've ever had here.  11 years to get someone mad enough to respond.  That's got to be some kind of record.  

1 hour ago, Off Label said:

As quiet as this site is, it's better than nuthin'B)

yep, but 11 years,  thought maybe it would have been something more recent.  

Dan Rolden,  please don't take my snarkiness to be indicative of the response back on posts,  we welcome anyone who comes in to the site with fresh eyes, fresh opinions and fresh outlooks.  Hoping you won't think that my response to your participation was to keep you from participating.  We need all the fresh posts that we can get.  I wish to welcome you to the site.  

Well in tipical medic fassion. Its not dead until they are warm and dead. LMAO.

I actually  didnt realize how old it was. I came a cross it online under a search engine but the fact  is that 11 yrs later there is still plenty if not even more animosity between Medics and Nurses.

Nurses dislike the autonomy and scope of practise a Paramedic has and Paramedics hate how limited pay and utilized their practise is. 

But hey at least someone read my reply. Lol

No not at all. This site seems to be so underutilized. It would be a great forum for other topics, discussions or even free Ceus.

Edited by Dan Roldan

On 2/27/2006 at 5:59 PM, Dustdevil said:

Total bull$hit. You can't "challenge" the NCLEX. States don't even control that. It is a national exam with national standards. You can challenge several facets of nursing education for equivalency, allowing an abbreviated nursing education time. However, damn few medics have the education or experience necessary to do so. And those that do are not nearly as good a nurse as they would be with traditional education. Not to mention, you still have to have all the other college courses to go with that education to make up a nursing degree.

No nursing degree = no NCLEX. Period.

Just one more example of how medics know just enough to look stupid. :roll:

This is the post in question quoted in its entirety for context.

For our new friend who referred to DustDevil as a moron some perspective is in order.

Dust was one of our most senior members.  He was one of our most experienced members, too, having been an EMT, paramedic both in a civilian and military capacity as well as an RN.  He was no nonsense, pulled no punches and called things like he saw them.  As such this was likely to ruffle some feathers... usually of those who didn't like being put back in their place in such a blunt manner.  That you were so willing to jump in, take one post out of context and then refer to someone about whom you knew absolutely nothing as a moron says more about you than you'd perhaps like to admit.

Sadly, Dust is dead.  He died a few years ago from complications of ALS.  That doesn't change the veracity of his statements within this thread or elsewhere in these forums.  Fortunately for us, his comments are still available for people to read.  It may be worth your while to get to know someone, virtually if necessary in a situation like this, before jumping to conclusions about anything.

Welcome to the City.

23 minutes ago, paramedicmike said:

That doesn't change the veracity of his statements within this thread or elsewhere in these forums. 

That medics know just enough to look stupid? That's as rude as calling someone you don't know a moron. That he died of a debilitating and painful disease is a real tragedy, but if he was the upstanding guy he apparently was, he'd own that. 

Edited by Off Label

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.