grand mal status and status epilepticus

Good day everyone, I tried going into the chat to get your opinion, but my computer crashed and I had to restore my system. My nephew tried commiting suicide, with 40 some triple X Caffeine pills, and the rest was welbruton making it some 70 pills in total. He is 19 years old, my sister said the doctors are worried about, what she said, " Grand Mal Seizures," but after some research I think it is Grand Mal Status epileptius. So my question is what do you think his outcome will be? By the time my sister found out what he had done, all the meds were absorbed into his system. From what my sister told me is that Welbruton is a time release med...Any knowlegde that you may have on this will be most helpful...

Thank You,

Cara

I suggest performing a Google search.. most from what I remember it does induce seizure activity, have not found status but I am sure with the caffeine it would not be be impossible. For what I have read Wellbrutin has a lower mortality rate, than some other medications.There is not much documented time release capsules. I am sure it is all based upon the amount, absorption rate. etc as well with what else as taken. Two stimulants definitely would not be advisable.

I hope things ge better and the outcome is positive.

R/R 911

Thank you for your input, he pulled out of it yesterday, just to tell his mother, my sister that he is going to do it again...So I guess it is only a matter of time untill he gets the job done.....I can't even imagine what my sister is going through since I have no children...Two doctors did sign off, so he can get the help he needs. For some reason Im not too emotionally upset, just only for what my sister has to go through and her husband and his sister.... Maybe it is because Im so far removed from the situation. Anyway....Thanks for your knowledge.

Cara

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.