NREMT patch?

Charlie 3

So if you're Registered, why do you want to buy them on Ebay? They're $2 a piece from NREMT. You can't get much better than that.

I'm with Rid on this one. Not Registered? Don't wear it.

If you are, then support the organization and buy from them.

I didn't know you could buy them on the NREMT site. Now I do, and I'm all set.

If you're worried about sketch-balls buying national registry patches, wouldn't you hope that an NREMT bought them on ebay, instead? I'm not going to, now that I have a better place to get them, but I'm just saying...

This sounds fishy, mike? The NREMT-B patch means nothing in either one of the states I live in, so I don't know what you're worried about... I go between two urban areas (Boston and Providence), so it would be very difficult to impersonate anybody in any facet of EMS, as opposed to being in a rural area where some whacker might listen to a scanner and try to beat EMS to a scene. It's all kind of beside the point in this case, because I am *gasp* an EMT!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point I believe we are trying to make is, that the NREMT is the set standard for many states and actually by wearing the patch in some states, displays that you have passed their license or certification. It may not be required in your area, but that would be minority to most of the nation.

Why we were concern is as a NREMT you get literature on how to obtain NREMT patches and paraphernalia. I ask e-bay not to sell NREMT patches all the time and NREMT is trying to get legal with them to ban them from being sold. The same if it was a police officers badge or shield. It is an identification emblem, as well as a trade mark for such.

Impersonations occur in all areas, cities, rural etc. even those whom let their license lapse. I inform them by wearing they are held accountable and can be considered impersonating an EMT, which in my state is a felony. (yes, I will contact the D.A.)

I hope you understand in some areas their plenty of whackers with emblems, lights, enough patches to make any NASCAR driver embarrassed. Definitely to infer or to pick on you, but inform future whackers, we (professional EMT's) do not endorse this.

Be safe,

R/R 911

You may know the difference between patches. But how about the general public? They're the ones who aren't going to know. It doesn't matter where you are. All they'll see is an official looking person with patches on his/her shirt and think "Hey! EMT!" They aren't going to know that RI or MA have different patches. They most likely aren't even going to know what to look for.

Think it would be difficult to impersonate an EMT in between these two urban centers? Try again. There are people who post in these forums who impersonate EMTs all the time. There have been several stories in the news recently about people impersonating an EMT.

And how could you not know you could order patches from NREMT? They send you an order form with the envelope saying you passed! Unless, of course, you didn't pass and are just trying to play it off here like you did. In what size envelope did they send your notice?

Kids these days. Sheesh!

-be safe.

Not to join into the melee... but... doesn't the NR send one patch with your "passed" packet? Everyone that I know has gotten one patch when they passed.

Not to join into the melee... but... doesn't the NR send one patch with your "passed" packet? Everyone that I know has gotten one patch when they passed.

Yeah..........I put my patch on the refrigerator. The private service I work for has no interest in seeing it on their uniform. :(

Yeah, most do not there are preferred ways in wearing the NREMT patch... i.e left shoulder, 1 1/2'' from the shoulder. They even have subdued for SWAT, military etc.. It also has a trade mark.. I get chuckles with my patch collection of mine. I have one of the original "charter" member then the NREMT/ ambulance, then the NATIONAL bar on top, etc.. hmm maybe someday I might have to sell them for retirement money ... :wink:

Surely your joking after seeing these ...!

http://www.ncems.org/patches/patchpg2.htm

R/R 911

Joking? No, not joking...I truthfully would not want to wear that gold speckled patch on my uniform...talk about tacky...

I never realized how retarded some of our patches looked here in NC, I'm glad that I have the privilege of wearing one of the best looking patches on that site!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.