Would you wear a helmet during transports?

pyroknight

Would you consider wearing a helmet in the back of your rig?  

49 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, voluntarily
    • Yes, if required
    • No, if voluntary
    • No, I would ignore regulation
    • I don't care / what's a helmet?

Well, it's not just you and me rapping here. There are a lot of people listening, so I wanted to make sure that others did not make any mistaken assumptions about what either of us were saying.

But that's not the focus of this thread. We are speaking very specifically about EMS, which is an occupational situation, not a personal one.

I understand the focus is EMS but if it is such a good idea, I was just extrapolating it to the general populace because there it would have a much more significant impact...I mean why should we hoard the benefit of helmet wearing all to ourselves?

Regardless, are you saying ONLY the person in back wears a helmet? So what about the driver? What about when a driver gets a head injury and the person in back doesn't because one had helmet and one didn't? Then do we mandate BOTH at all times?

You know that correlation or discrepancy will be noted and you know the path this will lead to.

And of course, then we should protect them anytime they are in the vehicle, so that means just routine driving should have one as well.

Again, I would simply like to know the true statistics of how many suffered head injuries as a result of being in the BACK of the ambo and involved in a crash.

This is nothing to do with a super hero complex, this is common sense. Show the studies to support your position as the onus is yours to prove it is justified. I would wager that an overwhelmingly large number of attendants suffer broken limbs, lacerations and exposures as opposed to a head injury from a crash. Based on those numbers, I recommend bubble suits for everyone because ultimately, this is all about SAFETY. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.