Would you wear a helmet during transports?

pyroknight

Would you consider wearing a helmet in the back of your rig?  

49 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, voluntarily
    • Yes, if required
    • No, if voluntary
    • No, I would ignore regulation
    • I don't care / what's a helmet?

Ok back to reality folks, we can't get Medics to wear seat belts responding to calls.

Professionally managed agencies with pro-active safety programs have no problem at all getting their medics to wear seat belts. In fact, I have never had a partner not wear seat belts since the 80's.

As a cop, I never had a partner refuse to wear a vest.

As a firefighter, I never had any partners refuse to wear bunker gear or SCBA.

And as a nurse, I am the only person I recall ever refusing to wear gloves. :lol:

If you have a problem with compliance, you have a personnel problem more serious than seat belts. And it needs to be addressed pronto.

Wrong. You are your own boss in your car (do New Yorkers even own cars?). You get to make the rules there. You are not your own boss at work. You follow the rules or you find another job.

And we're not talking about bus drivers. We're talking about paramedics. :roll:

Dust have you ever been to New York? Who is talking about bus drivers? Here in New York we call a ambulance a bus. Tell me Dust do u have a problem with New Yorkers?

Tell me Dust do u have a problem with New Yorkers?

Only with Long Islanders.

Actually, I have a problem with EMT-CC's from any state. :lol:

And anybody who calls an ambulance a bus.

And anybody with a funny accent. :wink:

Only with Long Islanders.

Actually, I have a problem with EMT-CC's from any state. :lol:

And anybody who calls an ambulance a bus.

And anybody with an accent. :wink:

Dust you do make me laugh and thats a good thing. You have to be someone in their 50's because you are very set in your ways.You never know you might actually get to like a EMT- CC :lol:

I got it!!!!

Bubble wrap jump suites, with hoods! Will that make everyone feel safe? :roll:

This is not considered a high risk job for no reason. Always be aware of what is going on around you and you will be as safe as you can get.

I agree totally....I really dont think we should be wearing helmets in the back of a ambulance...I wont use the word bus because Dust has no idea that bus means ambulance..lol lol ..Sorry Dust.. :lol:

Dust you do make me laugh and thats a good thing. You have to be someone in their 50's because you are very set in your ways.

Well, my knees feel about 80, but other than that, I am under 50. :lol:

Always be aware of what is going on around you and you will be as safe as you can get.

Nonsense. Awareness is completely useless if you don't act on the information you are aware of.

Awareness is what lead me to wear body armour, which is why I am alive today. Had my awareness lead me to wear a helmet, I would have avoided the skull fracture too.

Rookies. :roll:

I still have a CVC (crew vehicle communications) helmet from my days in the Army driving M1A1 Abrams tanks. Can I wear that? Please oh please? :wink:

Go right ahead! Plug it in and talk away, you were sitting way to close to the gunner Dude! Ya ever notice those old episodes of EMERGENCY! Roy & Johnny wore helmets going on runs... it was an LA county reg at the time...?

If it's a rule.... (aren't rules open to interpretation?)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.