Grants for Fire dept's. Is your dept. on the list????

I'm tempted to say "no," but considering the bail outs that for-profit companies get in other industries, there's a strong chance that I might be wrong. If a company can provide a service for a profit, then it shouldn't be the governments job to make sure that a company can meet equipment requirements.

On the other hand, I've always wondered why there aren't more non-profit 911 agencies. There are plenty of "non-profit" hospitals out there that are running in the black.

note: profit v non-profit has more to do with how profits are used instead of running in the black vs running at a loss.

I am in the process of spending 60k of federal dollars on radios and scba equipment from an 07 AFG. There is a category for non fire affiliated EMS units to apply under the AFG. I forget how many million $$$ went into the EMS column this year, but worth applying for. 08 app period has passed and 09 will open in Feb. :D

The AFG is a very competitive process and the app is not something you can fill in in a few hours work. We spent many days working on our winning application in 07.

Those federal grants are a joke. Departments that really need the money don't see a dime. It's totally political.

One year they're giving out money for pumpers, the next year, tankers. Need money for training? Sorry, that was last year. Don't need a pumper? Oh well, apply for a grant anyhow.

Some departments are receiving millions of dollars every year. Meanwhile, those departments that really need some help get nothing.

Shayne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.