Grants for Fire dept's. Is your dept. on the list????

• 2 years later...

See, I'm torn over some of these things. There shouldn't be a federal government share for major cities (because cities with over 400k people need a grant?). These should primarily be local issues instead of the federal government taxing people and then being "kind enough" to send some back.

But, as long as the federal government insists on gaming the system, we should be doing as much as possible to increase the size of our pie.

But, as long as the federal government insists on gaming the system, we should be doing as much as possible to increase the size of our pie.

I share your dilemma. It's a rare human being that can resist taking a piece of the pie, even when they know it was baked by a rotten system. Especially when you know that no pie is saved by you refusing it, because it will only be given away to somebody else. And especially when you see what other, completely useless causes are being given a seat at the table.

My VFD has gotten 3 so far, well 1 that has been used for SCBA'a but two more coming from PEMA.

I have a question. Can a "for-profit" EMS get a grant? is there any for us??

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.