My call tonight....Your input/ideas..........please....

medik8

This actually sounds like a "panic attack" it was stated in report that pt was involved in family disturbance. Some people just respond better to stress than others or simple throw an odd sort of physical fit to make everyone feel sorry for them. This is just more severe with the tongue droop. I think it was an overstated physical response to stress from pt. Prolly mostly BS.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am only a basic so my guess may not be 100% right, seeing how this was technically an ALS call. I do like what Dsmitty wrote though. I assume that his chest pain subsided after he was removed from his family and probably resolved by the time you got to the ER. NSRtachycardia along with his slightly elevated BP is what makes me think this. He probably thought he was having a real emergency if this is his first panic attack. However, his tounge hanging out to the side... hmmmm, maybe he was just playing with his family for a little attention. I would have liked to have been there and tickled the bottom of his foot :laughing8: Thanks for a good scenario Medik8. BS or not BS that is the question. :dontknow:

I am only a basic so my guess may not be 100% right, seeing how this was technically an ALS call. I do like what Dsmitty wrote though. I assume that his chest pain subsided after he was removed from his family and probably resolved by the time you got to the ER. NSRtachycardia along with his slightly elevated BP is what makes me think this. He probably thought he was having a real emergency if this is his first panic attack. However, his tounge hanging out to the side... hmmmm, maybe he was just playing with his family for a little attention. I would have liked to have been there and tickled the bottom of his foot :laughing8: Thanks for a good scenario Medik8. BS or not BS that is the question. :dontknow:

[marq=down:63be872b25]

Sounds like Bullshit[/marq:63be872b25]

But in case im wrong....do a follow up...

In certain parts of the city, there is a certain ethnic group who shall remain nameless, who are occasionally stricken with a related syncopal disorder known colloquially as the "Ai-yai-yais."

:lol: OMG that is so wrong, so funny, but wrong....I so want to put that on a report. :lol: I can trip out the QA guy, already got him this week with "penis pain."

I would have liked to have been there and tickled the bottom of his foot :laughing8: Thanks for a good scenario Medik8. BS or not BS that is the question. :dontknow:

LOL...I ran my pen up the sole of his foot...no reaction whatsoever....no twitch, no jerk, no reflex. Toes just quivered like the rest of his body... :roll:

Definitely no tickle...lmao

Ok Nate Confession is good for the soul. That part about "penis pain" is a quote of a run sheet done on yourself. SHAME SHAME LOL

Why would I have a run report on myself? Not to mention I'd be better of treating myself then letting my co-workers have revenge. :)

If he had no reflex on one side, and you were considering CVA, did you try an armdrift test?

In people that I think are having an episode of ACT disorder, I like to put their arm above their face and let it go. If it misses their nose you can pretty much confirm a Dx of ACT disorder.

The only problem is if they aren't ACTing you have to apologise for a negative test.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A pulse ox could probably have given you a quick assessment of the subjective cp.

Can't you take out a needle, show it to him and say "I want to see if you have sensation".

If he is a DQ, he won't let you put pressure on any sensitive point to prove it. Ask him to look. Calf, plantar, maleous, and medial arm.

I like that idea of letting his arm fall on his face, but if you made his nose bloody because he was really paralyzed, you would look retarded.

Doc: "When did the epistaxis start?"

Retard: "Oh, uhm....after I smacked him with his own arm"