Big Bucks for Basics

FireResq617

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12-22 per hour to start, depending on the service.

There are basics making 60k plus per year here...

:shock: BASICS making 60k plus.....AAAHHH! WTF?!! I'm going where he is.....holy crap...maybe I could only work 2 jobs instead of 20. :roll:

xoxo

How ironic, on Oprah show today... they displayed that EMT's is one of the lowest paid professions (with others) and how most live in poverty range... one, that was recognized was $8.60 hr...

I have seen many Paramedics that get their " food stamps" or vouchers, because they cannot make it with 2 or 3 children. Yes, they work part time even.

My service is fortunate that does not occur, but I do know of many that is does.

R/r 911

Location, location, location.

Would you rather make $15 an hour in a state with a fifteen percent state income tax and a cost of living through the roof, or $10 an hour in a place with no state income tax and reasonable cost of living? And would you rather make $15 an hour as a per diem employee with no benefits or $12 an hour with full benefits? The hourly wage is a pointless discussion when not viewed in context. So don't start salivating over somebody else's wages until you do an apples-to-apples comparison.

Location, location, location.

Would you rather make $15 an hour in a state with a fifteen percent state income tax and a cost of living through the roof, or $10 an hour in a place with no state income tax and reasonable cost of living? And would you rather make $15 an hour as a per diem employee with no benefits or $12 an hour with full benefits? The hourly wage is a pointless discussion when not viewed in context. So don't start salivating over somebody else's wages until you do an apples-to-apples comparison.

mmmmmmm.....saliva...

Seriously...Dust...you are right. When you look at it that way...I started thinking of all the shoes I could buy and ...geez...where did my brain go? LMFAO! :shock:

xoxo

Nine-fifty an hour is $228/day. Nearly $28k/year. It's on par with the DFW area pay, and a damn sight more than what an EMT-B is worth. Especially with bennies.

Out of curiosity, what type of service are they providing? Since this is the "off the road" forum, I assume they are doing some type of clinical work?

Dust- Don't know why noone has called you on this.... maybe all are too tired to do the math..... but you are way off... 9.50 a day X 40 hours a week X 52 weeks = 19,760 dollars. Now in your mind that still may be too much for a basic, so be it. But work on the math bro. To make 28k a year you would have to make 13.46 an hour.

Are you calculating how much the money would be worth in Canada? If so, that's the only way it makes sense. :tongue2:

Dust- Don't know why noone has called you on this.... maybe all are too tired to do the math..... but you are way off... 9.50 a day X 40 hours a week X 52 weeks = 19,760 dollars. Now in your mind that still may be too much for a basic, so be it. But work on the math bro. To make 28k a year you would have to make 13.46 an hour.

Are you calculating how much the money would be worth in Canada? If so, that's the only way it makes sense. :tongue2:

LOL :D I can assure you, NOBODY working in EMS in Canada works for $9.50/hr or even $13.46 for that matter.

I thought some might get a kick out of this.....A couple of the paramedics at work complain constantly about what they make per hour. Most of them start out at 14/15.00 an hour. The other night my partner was whinning to the ER staff about what he makes, I finally, fed up, turned to him and said, I make $8.75 an hour, and they gave me the .75 cents as bonus for being an EMT for 18 years!!!

good luck to all with the money problems, but in the commonwealth of PA we dont make crap.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.