Its official, im starting a 911 service.

Well kids of the EMTcity, i come for advice.

I have started the second phase of a project to start, open and operate my own 911 EMS agency. Heres where we are so far.

Done

All financing secured

Corporate business established

Tax ID, and all other business operation aspects

Legal representation secured

Administrative team secured

Also, we've completed a call volume evaluation of the proposed districts, as well as evaluated the location, future building projects slated, and viability of surrounding services.

We've concluded

1400 dispatches, 70% ALS 30% BLS by dispatch type, and almost 50/50 ALS vs. BLS for call outcomes.

There is a wonderful tract of land owned by the proposed township that will give a good spot to take territory from...8 other services.

The township resident load has increased 70% in 2003-2004. Anticipated 150% increase by 2009.

The proposed district has 2 nursing facilities, and other major building projects slated by 2009. All of which will bring traffic to the district.

Of the surrounding services with territory that would surround the new service, 5 of 8 are in serious financial trouble, the rest are stable.

Heres what I need from you all.

I have a very specific list of my next steps, up to opening day. Time for suggestions. Its a huge project, and an opportunity you dont get everyday. Things to remember? Words of wisdom? General ideas?

Im open to suggestions, lets hear em'

PRPG

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you a private company looking to do 911, or are you a municipal service?

New company altogether, to be developed as a private service 911 ALS provider.

Private companies cover the large majority of 911 in PA. Rare do you find a municipal service...

PRPG....I'm SO proud of you. :D I knew this project of yours would be a go...and what an accomplishment it will be. Unfortunately...I don't have a lot of advice for you. I have a few small suggestions...but I will pass them along later.

Anyway....yeah... I'm holding you to that job...! :wink: Oh...and as for "remembers"....remember...the good mix of...warning, 2nd chance/chance to explain......uh...now you're gonna have to go straight to PRPG's office. THEN.... :pain10: LMAO :wink:

Way to go, hon! Keep up the good, hard work!

xoxoxoxoxo

Best of luck. Congrats on getting done what you already have. I, too, am in the process of setting up a third-service 911 provider so I know what you're going through. Here is a list of things that I can think of off the top of my head (at 02:00 hrs):

1. Staffing: volunteer, part-paid, full-time, basic, paramedic, mixed, shifts (8's, 12's, 24's)

2. Equipment: there are a ton of resources out there for grants for equipment (I've applied and got 2 totalling $35,000)

3. Benefits: medical insurance, training re-imbursement, free CEU's

4. Vehicles: type III's, type I medium duty (this I'm sure you've already scoped out)

Good luck with this.

Wow... is there no end to your talent and ability? Share some of it, would you????

Anyway, glad to hear about the service... Let me know if you need anything... and yeah, I'll be waiting for my job as well!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.