Do you use Tobacco ?  

41 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes I chew.
    • Yes I smoke.
    • I occasionally chew.
    • I occasionally smoke.

Something smells stale in here.

LOL! Five year thread bump! That's impressive!

I'm surprised I didn't comment on this thread when it was first posted.

My grandmother when she was alive was strongly allergic to many odors and substances. one of the worst things she was allergic to was cigarette smoke and perfume.

She was so allergic that if someone who had just smoked or had the smoke smell on them she would begin to wheeze and cough. My mother who was with her whenever the ambulance seemed to be called (she lived in a nursing home) made the ambulance service send a different ambulance because the medic who was on the call had smoked just prior to when she entered the nursing home. She smelled so bad of smoke that my grandmother said she could smell her even before she entered the room.

The ambulance service did indeed send a different ambulance for her since it was a simple non-emergency transport to the hospital for evaluation of Pneumonia.

Patients can indeed smell you and they should not be offended by your BO or your smoke smell.

• 3 weeks later...

If you've ever been around the people who smoke a pack or so a day, they always have that smell on them, though gum may mask the breath, you cant mask the smell all over your clothes. I would think in the pt with minor illness or injury, they would rather have someone who doesn't smell like a ashtray

• Like 2

I don't smoke or chew, I have enough bad habits like chewing my nails, I'm trying to make ends meet now, thats $4-6 a pack I don't have. Personally smoking doesn't bother me if someone does it, but I think chewing is disgusting, smoke disapates, spit doesn't.........

One of the issues in my recent divorce was that my wife didn't think I was trying hard enough to quit smoking. I've done everything I know to quit. Found out I can't take Chantix due to causing syncopal episodes. It was very embarrassing, especially when I tumbled out of the pew at church. But that was just one of many. According to my wife that if "I just gave it all to God" that I wouldn't have any withdrawl, anxiety, or cravings to smoke. Yes, God can do miracles, but I tried to explain to her that it doesn't necesarily work that way and that I prayed daily to quit smoking. She warned me a couple of months before the divorce that if I didn't quit we would not stay together. Basically she gave me the impression that I was not "spiritual" enough to quit smoking and that she didn't want to stay together. I know, go figure???

Edited by firedoc5

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.