Arff312

Do you use Tobacco ?  

41 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes I chew.
    • Yes I smoke.
    • I occasionally chew.
    • I occasionally smoke.

It's unlikely but possible. I think the O2 would actually have to be open, or there be some kind of leak on the tank, then combined with a spark it would blow. But I've seen weirder things happen. I don't smoke in the bays "just incase". But I run on the side of overcautious/paranoid. I just go out to the parking lot.

oxygen is not flammable in and of itself -- it supports the combustion -- makes what ever is burning burn better --- the old guys who burn their faces by smoking on oxygen try and light the lighter with the O2 up high and POOF the flame is huge

Paul

guilty I smoke but only once in a while. I sometimes smoke on duty but often try not to because my uniform is so recognizable on campus and I do try to set a decent example in public

Sean

• 4 years later...

where is the both button? I do both which i will try to quit both soon. I chew mainly because we have a minimum of 40 minute commutes back to base after a call somtimes 1 1/2 hours and you cant obviously cant smoke in the unit. I always have gum on me after i smoke/chew i know the smell it terrible that one reason i need to quit.

I smoke more at work than at home. Rarely smoke on vacation and rarely smoke in winter (in winter people tend to smell more).

I some about 1 a day off duty and 7-10 on duty (when I get a chance).

I have chantix and am starting it this week.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.