Interesting case....

benanzo

You are called to a busy shopping mall to see a 35 y/o male unk medical.

You arrive to find a man sitting on some stairs with two men sitting by him. He went to lunch 1 h 30 m ago. They say they called because when he didn't come back from his lunch break 30 min ago they came downstairs to find him. They found him sitting in his current position but wouldn't anwer any questions and had a distraught look on his face. His body was very rigid and was not appearing to comprehend any of their questions.

You find him sitting upright alert but non-verbal. He gives no indication that he's comprehending anything around him.

HEENT= PERRL, wont track, no droop, no signs of trauma

neck/back=no jvd, no td

chest=no dyspnea, clr = bilat, =rise and fall

abd=soft, non distended, no masses

VS= BP 154/80, RR 22, NSR @80, BS 110, O2S 98%RA

NO PMH, NO Meds, NO Allergies

After you lift him to your stretch he does a big seizure arch, big sound and lauches into 1 min grand mal. followed by 5 min postictal and then more seizures. Vitals stable throughout transport.

ok, what are we supposed to answer now.

IV, O2, monitor, give 5mg valium(or whatever antiseizure meds you have) and transport. There's not much more to do with this guy.

Unless he codes

There has to be more to this than what you posted but not sure what you want us to do with this.

hmmm......

sounds like new onset epilepsy, or cva or maybe he hit his head without having outward signs

he might have some kind of brain infection, he needs labs, ct all that

his initial presentation doesn't necessarily tell me that he's been seizing all day, his aphasia and posturing says something like he's got an infection or possibly a tumor. I'd be willing to go with tumor

new onset seizure

Any fever?

no evidence of trauma but could have a bleed from a bump on the hear a day or so earlier and then it manifested at work.

I'd say no on the drug overdose but who knows

it's the same thig, sometimes refered to as athetosis. his extremities were "posturing" in a way that closely resembled dystonia (dystonic posturing.)

he had neurocystercicosis seen in CT. his ct was littered with calcified lesions....don't eat the pork in mexico.

This is a CT similar to his.

sorry this was kind of a dumb scenario, don't know where I was going with this.