Stupid White Men with Guns

Asysin2leads

Respond for a trauma, report of elderly male shot in face and chest. Second elderly male onscene, possible cardiac condition, PD is enroute. Acknowledge?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/12/cheney.ap/index.html

More proof stupid white men and guns just don't mix.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I would have to say that walking across a field where you KNOW people are shooting birds is pretty stupid.

Darwin at work.

I'd like to see him argue against gun control after this. He can't even use the "gun control is hitting at what you're aiming" line anymore.

He can if he hit it! :D

I read this earlier today and two things bothered me.

1. Some articles said the secret service tended to the man who was shot, and some say it was "emergency personnel". Lea Anne McBride, Cheney's spokesperson, says "Fortunately, the vice president has got a lot of medical people around him and so they were right there and probably more cautious than we would have been". I wasn't aware secret service qualified as "medical people". Now, who's doing the spinning?

2. The man who was shot "came up behind the vice president and the other hunter". When I say some one "came up" behind me, he's right behind me. Yet, he seems to have been pretty far away, judging by the description of his injuries. The quail Cheney was aiming for, which was too far away to notice him, flew from in front of him to behind him, flying low enough for him to accidentally shoot his companion. How high was the quail flying and how was Cheney able to track a small(?) quail but not see an adult man? And how frickin long does it take for him to take a shot?

I live in the middle of the worlds best pheasant hunting in the world..... Stuff like this happens here all the time. The only thing that makes this news worthy is the men that it happened to. I don't see what the big deal is .... must have been a really slow news day to post this........ And yes the secret service also has paramedics on thier payroll so to hear they have "emergency personel" onscene is not a surprise... there is no spin there