Differential Dx

hammerpcp

Not bashing at all. I'm tipping you off with valuable information.

If you google it and find the info on your own, you will retain it better than if it is handed to you.

Trying to help you learn. People did the same for me, and I am giving back.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Further, you were advocating the use of a hot response to the hospital and you don't even know what you're transporting! How scary is that?! :shock:

There are two types of students. There are students who ask questions in the hope that everything will be explained to them. Then there are students who make the effort to look up information first and then ask questions on concepts that aren't yet understood or are confusing.

One is certainly more well received than the other.

Any type of search feature is your friend. It usually helps to check before asking questions.

-be safe.

Not bashing at all. I'm tipping you off with valuable information.

If you google it and find the info on your own, you will retain it better than if it is handed to you.

Trying to help you learn. People did the same for me, and I am giving back.

My deepest apologies......and I want to thank you for giving back what was taught to you.

I am not for sure I would run him in hot. I am thinking that he L&S may up his pressure which is bad and one nasty bump in the road or a turn to fast and opps. I think I would start a line with TKO fluids, POC , O2 and pray for the best. I am a paramedic student so I would be thinking of a way to lower his pressure. I think running in L&S is a bad thing and this is a time to go slow and easy.

Brock

I am only in my second semister of paramedic school so I am still learning as well.

I am not for sure I would run him in hot. I am thinking that he L&S may up his pressure which is bad and one nasty bump in the road or a turn to fast and opps.

First rule of emergency driving: It is no different from regular driving, just noisier. There is no reason you should hit any more nasty bumps running hot than you would any other time. If you do, you need to go back to EVOC.

That is true, but for most people L&S means driving faster which could lead to someone hitting a bump in the road faster than they should. My basic instructor told us about a call he had. His pt had abd pain. they looked and found a large visable pulsating mass. He told the driver to take it easy and go as slow as he could and avoid as many bumps as possible due to the fact they were on a gravel road. I think what I was referring to is that sometimes people get a little lead footed when the L&S are on.

brock