"Grey's Anatomy" Insults Paramedics

UMSTUDENT

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the episode and I was proud of the paramedic in the OR because she had the balls to stay there and hold that like she did. It just shows when the poop hits the fan that when the smoke clears your gonna find a paramedic still standing....I thought it was great....and the ambu bag lesson you just have to laugh at because its no different than a nurse giving you a report in a nursing home......in one ear out the other.

I just saw the episode it was great. She's a hero, you can just see the fear in her eyes and she stays there.

I don't think the doctor was out of line either.

I don't think the doctor was out of line either.
I think it was a bit out of line to leave her there by herself like that, terrified. If he had to leave, he could call someone else to stay with her (cop or other doctor)...not just hand the bag over to her, then slowly make for the door.

Dust, who violated scene safety? When specifically?

The scene was unsafe. She stayed. Sounds cut and dried to me.

Her hand was on an explosive device in the wound of a patient. She was applying pressure to stop bleeding, so she was going to hold it until they started surgery, but then they realized her hand was on metal and there was undetonated explosive inside patient that could blow if she released pressure.

The anesthesiologist was asked to stay to keep bagging him (they disconnected all electrial equipment) while bomb squad responded and figured out a plan, but he chickened out, told her the rhythm to bag patient at as if he was just talking to her or distracting her or taking a little break, but then left the 22 yro new medic by herself in the dark room freaking out, with one hand on a bomb, and the other bagging the patient. And she was hot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.