Question about applying EKG pads

Para-Medic

I have found that this is a big problem if you are using "cheap" electrodes. There are several manufacturers out there that make "diaphoretic" electrodes.

I've had the same problem with the el-cheapo ones, but once we switched to the Blue Dots we have never had a problem.

how about hair spray? It works great for attaching the rubber grips on bike handles.

we use red dots electrodes and the pt has to be very diaphoretic for those not to stick. except theystick to everything including your gloves. are you talking about the defib pads not sticking? i ve never had that problem but that would be a problem indeed. the machine wont do anything if there is poor c0ontact or movement.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

We have the same issues here with the electrodes not sticking with diaphoresis and its frustrating being a coronary care unit and the electrodes not adhering. We have different brands for these patients and properlly shaving and drying the patients skin helps. The sweating as we all know seems to be from the underlying problem *circulatory strain* so fix the strain fixes the problem most of the time, but hey thats in an ideal world.

Tape works well, skin prep and alcohol wipes are other good sources. Its trial and error, some patients it works, sometimes it doesnt and others it takes a whole process of them trying over and over to get to work.

Scotty

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.