"First Responders" on Ambulances

Dustdevil

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and Charlie 3 -- your only a year older than me (I'm 17) so who are you kidding -- your probably the one who carries the medic's bags.

:roll: At least he is old enough to be certified. :lol:

8)

Hey Ace-- ur only 27 - so when did u get started in EMS? I'm sure plenty of "old-timers" on this board thnk your too young to be in EMS...so where do u get off criticzing me?

"Rob,"

Perhaps I should have also posted this for you to clearly understand my post..

4c9e5031.gif

1116834281481.jpg

First off too young to do EMS at 28??? Are you ok, better yet; Do you hear that ringning in the backround...It's your CLUE phone. You should definately answer it!!?!?!? :roll: :shock: Perhaps you can now add, spelling, and reading comprehension to thelist of other issues you have like lack of ability to add and subtract..Next, FYI, I'm 28, and not that it's your business, but I got my ticket a week after my 18th B-day. I attempted to give you a friendly piece of advice and the chance to learn and not make a mistake which I made when I was your age and soon after I got my ticket. I like you was arrogant and thought I was smarter than I actually was. I got smacked down and learned my lessons the hard way. I usually try to give people the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to learn and or be aware of the potential for a problem with this and the consequences. I'm older, more experienced, and have been able to learn that it's Ok, to say " I don't know, or I made a mistake, I was wrong."; then stand up and take what the consequences were. In addition, I learned to be abit more humble, although admittedly, my "tolerance" for stupidity and lack of common sense is still "NILL"!! :shock: :x :evil: :!: :!: :arrow: :!:

Theyllfixyourmulletcarryyourcansout.jpg

notjust.jpg

I've also been doing this for 10 years, in a variety of systems.. That's where I can criticize. I've BTDT, yet, I'm still learning, and I've also been in a similar situation to you, in this case. Next, I've proven my experience, abilities and knowledge here on this board, and in my professional life.. If you have questions about that, then read my 1,000+ posts and then come back and we'll talk, or ask away.. :!: :!: Lastly, I took it upon my self to become a better educated, more experienced provider by "being open" to new experiences and learning as well as listening to those with more experience. I'm finishing my Paramedic at a progressive Medic school. I freely admit that I am not the end all be all. But I am certainly alot farther up the food chain than you....

cophk.gif

You may have gotten a much more + response from me, and others here if you had come about this a different way, or even just asked. But instead you proceeded to attack those with both more time here, and more experience in the field. Thus you got the response you did.

screaming_siren_medal1.jpg

In closing, I'll be here waiting for you to go ahead and present your verifyable evidence which supports your claims and opinions here. Good luck, and BTW, your Vertical smile is still showing...Hopefully none of your patients get hurt and visited by the gentelman on the horse below

reaper.jpg

So, in closing;

shutup.jpg

Out here,

ACE844

Boondock29.jpg

RiffRaff.jpg

Sir, I resent your condescending and negative attitude....I notice your a Paramedic....you must be one of thos paramedics who think there Ca Ca doesn't stink..and I don't have an EMT card because I'm not 18 yet, also, you must live in a state where you were able to go right to ALS without being BLS certified first....because if you had been BLS first, you would be more aware of the capablilites of BLS providers. If you don't believe we know what we are doing, check out our unit citations........members under the age of 18 in the past 6 months alone earned a total of 8 pre-hospital saves, two heroic action awards, one medal of valor and several citations from our department as well as several awards from the hospital. So take your attitude somewhere else.....and I hope you never get sick in my town, buddy.

I'm gonna fill you in on how much you know about EMS(at the ripe old age of 16) absolutely nothing. You want a reality check, take your FR or EMR tag or whatever you have, bring it up here and try to get onto an ambulance. You will be laughed out of town. Seeing as the length of an EMT course is about the length of a bathroom break in PCP school, to even look at an ambulance where I work you need to be a hundred times more qualified than you are.

So in short, you know nothing about where I work, Nothing about my education and as you have so ably showed us nothing about EMS in general. You can take your awards, saves and keep stroking your ego ar whatever else you stroke with them and sod off. Come and talk to me after you have 3+years of education alone, let alone how long I have been working on an ambulance.

I can agree with you on one point; I pray to god I never get sick in your town.

In the past few months I have been reading these recurring threads in which different levels of EMS make a habit of savagely tearing each other limb from limb. The next most common theme in the forum is the lack of respect received from the public, and this even crosses over into tearing each other apart again - blaming "paragods" or EMTs, or FAs, or management, or government.

Has anybody made the connection that if EMS members have no respect for each other and the jobs they do within their scope, that NOBODY in the public is gonna either? Publicly crapping on each other like this is a sure sign that there is trouble in our industry, and a troubled industry is not going to get any respect.

Every level has its place - every practitioner, whether volunteer or paid, needs to work within his scope of practice, respecting and utilizing the work of those above and below them on the training scale. There is no room for huge egos, or arrogance, or back-stabbing if the pay, conditions, and public's perception are to improve.

Want to make it better? Try some positive dialog.