"First Responders" on Ambulances

Dustdevil

Full arrests you say.....As opposed to a half arrest? Anyways. FRs have their place and it is not on an ambulance. Thats just the way it is. You say you have the same training as an EMT? then why don't you have an emt card? besides the fact that the EMT level is woefully inadequate for emergency work.

You saying that you have seen higher level providers that should not have their certification does nothing to validat you presence on an ambulance.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skip, that is the first thing you have ever said here that I even partially disagreed with.

Why should anybody "make do?" Why shouldn't they make the responsible government officials do the right thing and provide service in line with the the 21st century standards of care? I know you are too smart to believe that they can't afford paramedics or training. It is all these people who are inclined to just accept the $hitty state of things as they are that perpetuate poor standards.

As for dual-medic units being a dream, put down the crack pipe, Buddah. It has been the standard in North Texas for over two decades.

is two medic crewing a panacea ? what aobut Paramedic and PCP or paramedic and QAT - both not 'two medics' but a diferent proposition to Paramedic and EMT_B crews

Ever notice there are three qualified pilots on board every airliner? How about we get rid of two of them? After all, it only takes one, right?

very few commercial aircraft fly with three on the flight deck as a requirement, also FEs aren't necessarily pilots ...

Full arrests you say.....As opposed to a half arrest? Anyways. FRs have their place and it is not on an ambulance. Thats just the way it is. You say you have the same training as an EMT? then why don't you have an emt card? besides the fact that the EMT level is woefully inadequate for emergency work.

You saying that you have seen higher level providers that should not have their certification does nothing to validat you presence on an ambulance.

Sir, I resent your condescending and negative attitude....I notice your a Paramedic....you must be one of thos paramedics who think there shit doesn't stink..and I don't have an EMT card because I'm not 18 yet, also, you must live in a state where you were able to go right to ALS without being BLS certified first....because if you had been BLS first, you would be more aware of the capablilites of BLS providers. If you don't believe we know what we are doing, check out our unit citations........members under the age of 18 in the past 6 months alone earned a total of 8 pre-hospital saves, two heroic action awards, one medal of valor and several citations from our department as well as several awards from the hospital. So take your attitude somewhere else.....and I hope you never get sick in my town, buddy.

I hope I don't get sick in your town either. If you knew anything about emergency medicine you would know you can't go to ALS without BLS first. I agree most BLS education is not much more than advanced first aid.

Winning citations does not impress me, nor professionals that work in health care industry. Never seen any competition in saving lives, or should there be any awards. This is not a competition events, this is a division of emergency medicine and should be performed by college educated professionals. Point is made when medals or ribbons are handed out...

I know the EMT curriculum and how it was diluted down so it would not compromise volunteer agencies membership. The last modification was performed in 1992 and the curricula was watered down so bad, that very little medical terminology was allowed or detailed anatomy or physiology was allowed. This is why most texts are written at a 6'th grade reading level. Do a comparison of First Responder and ARC First Aid, and the Basic EMT and you will find there are very few differences.

Yes, the Basic EMT has a role, like any member of EMS. With the current curriculum level though, it is hard to justify to allow them to be the first response health care providers.

R/R 911

Sir, I resent your condescending and negative attitude....I notice your a Paramedic....you must be one of thos paramedics who think there Ca Ca doesn't stink..and I don't have an EMT card because I'm not 18 yet, also, you must live in a state where you were able to go right to ALS without being BLS certified first....because if you had been BLS first, you would be more aware of the capablilites of BLS providers. If you don't believe we know what we are doing, check out our unit citations........members under the age of 18 in the past 6 months alone earned a total of 8 pre-hospital saves, two heroic action awards, one medal of valor and several citations from our department as well as several awards from the hospital. So take your attitude somewhere else.....and I hope you never get sick in my town, buddy.

negative4.jpg

"RiderRob89"

Just a friendly piece of advice for ya. As a FR you lack the medical education and experience which should be and is required in most areas of the USA to be allowed to be one of the staff of an Ambulance. Furthermore it is ill advised to come here and speak down to someone who based on your own statements has a number of years more experience doing this than you. "NSmedic, et.al." and some of the others who post here have LIGHT YEARS more education and experience doing this than you. So kindly engage some ATP useage in the near future and do some research before typing your uneducated non-sense here.

Furthermore you put your ability to do this job, and professionally care for patients in our arena by your own statements as follows;

So take your attitude somewhere else.....and I hope you never get sick in my town, buddy.
So are you insuinating that you would be negligent in your care if you knew who this individual was just because he insulted your 16yo pride in an online bulletin board?!?!!? :roll: :twisted: :x :!: :!: You have now negated your whole arguement about FR professionalism and ability by your own statements!! :shock: :lol: :arrow: :!: By that measure you are a danger to the public you serve, your agency, and the people you work with...Perhaps a career change may need to be considered by you...

Or perhaps you work in an system which is alot like this:::;

Tommy: It's not like you need me around here anyways. The biggest call we got in the last three weeks was that old lady reporting a gas leak. Ended up she was the leakee.

owned.jpg

Food for thought,

out here,

ACE844

Oh, yeah. That's where you want me staying, at a church? I'll just lay down in the pew and let the walls cave in.

negative4.jpg

"RiderRob89"

Just a friendly piece of advice for ya. As a FR you lack the medical education and experience which should be and is required in most areas of the USA to be allowed to be one of the staff of an Ambulance. Furthermore it is ill advised to come here and speak down to someone who based on your own statements has a number of years more experience doing this than you. "NSmedic, et.al." and some of the others who post here have LIGHT YEARS more education and experience doing this than you. So kindly engage some ATP useage in the near future and do some research before typing your uneducated non-sense here.

Furthermore you put your ability to do this job, and professionally care for patients in our arena by your own statements as follows;

So are you insuinating that you would be negligent in your care if you knew who this individual was just because he insulted your 16yo pride in an online bulletin board?!?!!? :roll: :twisted: :x :!: :!: You have now negated your whole arguement about FR professionalism and ability by your own statements!! :shock: :lol: :arrow: :!: By that measure you are a danger to the public you serve, your agency, and the people you work with...Perhaps a career change may need to be considered by you...

Or perhaps you work in an system which is alot like this:::;

owned.jpg

Food for thought,

out here,

ACE844

Oh, yeah. That's where you want me staying, at a church? I'll just lay down in the pew and let the walls cave in.

In short, I think that a system of professional, adequately educated providers which know the limits of their education, experience, and abilities to provide pt care at all levels will always perform better than the current dogma of systemic sub-par professional education, high-turn over/low experience, egotisitic self-importance of all levels of provders we currently have.

PD-FR-BLS-ALS

BLS-ALS

BLS

FR and any and all possible combinations of the above work adequately but only in instances of my former statement. If anyone has evidence to support their opinion I'd like to see it...?!?!?!?

food for thought,

ACE844

explain_paramedics.gif

2004_the_bourne_supremacy_012.jpg

First responder on an ambulance? Sure, I like to have someone to carry my bags for me.

:lol:

"Charlie,"

I've seen that and alot stranger in your state.....very little would surprise me when it comes to RI..some days I think having FR's in your system may be a step up in avaliable professional pt care!!!! :shock: 8) :lol: :!: :!:

out here,

ACE844

There isn't a job on the whole goddamn planet I'd rather do than this one... because everyday you do feel like you've made a difference, like you gave somehting back, ya know?