Christianity in EMS...

PCTtiff

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His Word speaks for itself.

Whose word? John's word? I don't know John from Adam, and neither do you. Why is his word so unimpeachable?

Do you believe everything you read?

KYEMT, I think you got the wrong impression. This discussion has been very civil and non inflammatory until you made your remarks. Do not type in all capitals first of all...second, your comments are just out of line. The thread has been very educational, informative, and pleasant thus far, so please do not ruin it again unless you have something useful and constructive to add.

Uh, that would be God's word. Do you believe everything you learn in Paramedic school? Nursing School? Ah, only that which is proven clinically in your field. Well, actually everything God said in His inspired Word...proves clinically. Science proves the Bible...contrary to popular statements. In fact, you will notice that Atheism is the state endorsed religion. Yes, I do believe all that God says. Period. Prove him wrong. And at the end of this life, when I spend eternity with Him, He will gladly prove Himself right. I certainly hope you will join me on that Day. I do believe everything He says...and even more, I believe all that he has shown me. I grew up very poor with a family in the ministry that had nothing. So many times when life didn't make sense, and the money was not there, God provided exactly what we needed. God leads me in my life, disciplines me when I'm wrong, comforts me when I'm discouraged, strengthens me when I am weak, loves me when I am unloveable, teaches me when I am foolish, forgives me when I sin against him, and most importantly, He died for me when I deserved to die. Now I will live with Him, not because of what I am or have done, but because of what He did and who he has made me. PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM A-L-L BLESSINGS FLOW!!!!!

Uh, that would be God's word.

No. It would be what King James claims that John claims is God's word. Who says John wasn't just hearing voices?

He even predicted you would say that in 2 Peter:

"3" Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

"4": And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

"5": For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

"6" Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

"7": But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

"8": But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

"9": The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

"10": But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

***willingly ignorant means in the greek, "dumb on purpose"

Dustdevil...it may pay you to study your History. King James did not actually translate any of the Bible for publication. He simply authorized it. The 54 (47 at the end) had to unanimously agree on the translation, which was ordered to be translated PRECISELY from the consistent 5000+ manuscripts, all found in different parts of the World...God's way of fulfilling His promise to preserve His Word. Funny how it withstood THOUSANDS of attempts to destroy it...and is still today the world's best seller.

Dustdevil...it may pay you to study your History. King James did not actually translate any of the Bible for publication. He simply authorized it.

Yes, and Hitler didn't actually fight WWII. He simply authorized it. :roll: