Christianity in EMS...

PCTtiff

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were most get confused is basing Christianity and denomination and religion together, in which they are separate issues altogether.

I am tolerant of other religions ( as long they have recognized purpose, and not are in cult like teachings) this does not mean that I approve, but do not criticize.

Unfortunately, many place "faith" into people of beliefs, not God itself. Very few actually, study beliefs, as much as they perceive or "have feelings".. so many misinterpertation are based on ignorance or accounts of what "people" acted or behaved.

When asked about Christianity, very few understand the difference in doctrine practice and true laws of Bible and why of such. So many misinterpretations have occurred, not understanding Greek or Hebrew, Doctrines are man made and are rules set by the denomination.

Again, the basics and teaching is the main point...

Peace,

R/R 911

I am not going away mad or even going away at all. I'm just going back to my old ways, they used to call me shadow, unseen but felt.....

If more people took the time to question their belief, not just go by what the church tells you to do, you may find that it will make you a better Christen because you have found answers to your questions on your own and it may deepen your faith.....the church sometimes I feel does understand that the people must be treated as adults that have chooses in what they believe, that they can leave anytime they want. I have spoken to a lot of people who after spending time with me have come away with a better understanding of their faith and deeper faith.

I do not try to convert anyone, in fact anyone who comes to me wanting to convert to Buddhism I try to talk out of it(at first, anyway) until they answer the questions in their minds. The ones that lays in the back of their minds.

I take no offensive at anything anyone says or does, I respect everyone.

As I said before, first you have treat people as if they were your mothers in past life's, but I also look and treat people as if I had been or am their mother. How would you treat your child?

Wouldn't you want the best for them? Would you not hold them close when they hurt?

Does it matter if they are dirty, have bladder problems?

yingyang

Christianity would be perfect if it wasn't for all the Christians. It's become such a loaded word. I rarely tell someone I'm a christian without elaborating further because I shudder to think of being lumped into what Christianity brings to mind these days (I live in the same community as Pat Roberts). I grew up in the church, I've been to more churches than I can count, and I"ve been shunned for raising my hand and asking "Where does it say that in the Bible?" I've been kicked out of church for not fitting in the box, told that God hates rock and roll, ordained as a revolutionary prophet, had people try to excersise demons out of me, and pretty much every other wacked out thing that Christians are famous for. No one from a church has ever tried to kill me, but other than that I feel confident in saying I've experienced it all. The reason I still go to church, besides the fact that I'm blessed enough to have finally found one that fallows the bible and not their own cultural whim, is because over the years I've learned the hard way to seperate a relationship with God from all the religiouseness that seaks to steal his glory.

Here's what I believe the message of the Bible is, and the foundation of my personal faith:

God is perfect, God made man, man fell from perfection (garder of Eden) and therefore cannot be in God's presence since light and darkness cannot coexist (Ephesians blah blah). God sent Jesus to take on all the imperfection of humanity on our behalf and die- therefore accepting the consequenses on our behalf- then came back to life 3 days later-therefore conquering death and bridging the gap between God an man. Then God sent the Holy spirit (same thing just different form) to Earth and now we can be with God again. If you believe with your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord you will be saved. That doesn't mean you have to pray a special acceptance speach, it's the condition of your heart being humbled before God and realizing that you need a savior to bridge the gap because we cannot acheive perfection on our own.

My theology and semantics may be rusty but that's the basic idea. All the other stuff (wearing dressy clothes on sunday, not getting tattoos) is just what people choose to do and there's nothing wrong with it, just preference. We in the churchy world call that "Non-essentials". What I do have a problem with is people telling me that I'm "unholy" becasue I have tattoos and play rollerderby. I try to live my life in a way that gives glory to God, and that does not include nagging everyone withing shoutting distance or passing judgement on people I barely know for not sharing my passion. My idea of "spreading the faith" is to give glory to God with my life and hope someone notices.

If someone is dying in the back of my ambulance and asks me to pray with them I wouldn't hesitate. If they ask me to help recide a Hindu prayer I'll do that too, becasue patient care is not about me, it's about my patient and I'm not the one dying. On my wedding day the pastor tried to perform a "faith healing" on me. Talk about stealing my thunder, I was pissed. Immagine if someone tried forcing their rituals on me in my last few moments of life. Not cool.

Pretty long whinded, not meant to offend any christians- or anyone else- just a statement of what I believe in.

-Cori

I'm glad to see that there are other people in this field that believe the way that I do. I am a christian. I feel much like other people that have posted on here, that if I hadn't believed that I would be out somewhere that would make me really unhappy or killed. I have ran into things where some people had chosen the "wrong" path and ending up hurting themselves or others.

God bless!

Shayla[/font:fa884bfdf1]

Christianity has a part in everything in the life of a Christian. Whe people tell me I should not bring it into my job, I simply tell them that I am more Christian than American: if I can be American on an ambulance, then I can certainly be a Christian. Does it interfere with patient Care? Absolutely not!!! What kind of care would I provide by meeting physical needs and sending them to Hell? I know that He is the only way because He told me in His Word. My life is different since knowing Christ...it has purpose. I know that Christ lives just as I know my mother lives. He has directed my life in all that I have done, and has provided my needs in the most impossible circumstances. I have seen God make sense when nothing else in my life does (you should look at my budget:). The difference in Christianity and all of the World's religion is RELATIONSHIP. I am not "living a good life" in order to get to heaven. I am a sinner of the worst kind, but I have a Savior who loves me so much that He paid the payment of death for me, then rose again to conquer it. I wake up every day and serve him on my ambulance not because I have to, but because He brings me joy beyond imagination, because he has taken a worm and made him His son. My "job" is to bring hope to the hopeless. I happen to know Hope himself. Certainly, I respect those who disagree...but I will respectfully share what Christ has done for me. For those who say God has caused your problems...God promised that He does not tempt, and He does not cause evil. However, sometimes he directs us in paths that are not easy, and that we do not understand, so that we will depend on Him. We don't understand His ways, as they are higher than our. Read the book of Job, a man who never understood what God was doing by allowing Satan to take all that he had, including His family. Job proved Satan wrong, as He stated, "though he slay me, yet will I trust him." God is a great God, and one who will never leave or forsake you. If it seems you are alone, know that He has not moved. He is real, He is Faithful, and HE LIVES!!!!!

DWade, EMS Training Coordinator

Hey all,

The responses on here... I don't know - they're touching. :) I am so thankful that so many of you know the truth and love it. I am so thankful that you are not afraid to share your faith and stand up for it. Along side that, I'm saddened by and I pray for the ones that have doubts and anger. I'm sorry for the reasons that you have and I hope you find that peace you're looking for. I hope you can find it in Jesus.

Michael, the difference you asked? Well, I think there is a big difference. What I consider to be 'preaching' is trying to shove your religion down someone's throat. (Exception is when in church. Preacher's gotta preach you know! :)) 'Sharing' your faith is witnessing. It's actually CARING about the person down deep and relating to them. Sharing is you wanting them to experience the joy and peace you feel. I don't want to shove my faith down your throat! I have seen it and know it to be true - that is what pushes people away the quickest!

DustDevil, you are something else. :) No, actually the voices in my head say other things, I don't listen to them too much anymore. :wink: :| I know it to be true because I have experienced it in my life. I have seen it and I have chosen to believe it. I wouldn't want to take the risk of it not being true!

Asysin2leads, it is absolutely true what you're saying, and I agree. Christianity has suffered MUCH perversion and it gets worse everyday. I can only imagine how God feels about those that profess to be His and, in turn, lead others astray by their "guidance". I can only imagine how it must hurt Him.

Like Medic117 said, read the book of Job. I don't know that many of us can say we have problems like Job had! If Job can have faith through all that, imagine what kind of faith we could have! Job lost everything he had, his worldly riches and also his family, in one moment and yet he did not become bitter or angry toward God. "The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord." JOB 1:21 God blessed him for his faith in the end, don't you think He'll do the same for us? "Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. ARE YOU NOT OF MORE VALUE THAN THEY?" MATT. 6:26

Yingyang, yes, belief in God is a wonderful, beautiful thing. But belief in Jesus, is the most precious thing. It rids you of guilt! It can give your soul a peace you can't get anywhere else! By believing in God, you strive to live rightly, so as to earn favor with God. That's the thing though, we can't! We are ALL sinners and we can NEVER earn our way into heaven. When you believe in Jesus, your sins are covered. You don't have to live as though if you make a mistake, you're doomed. Faith in Jesus makes us want to live rightly, but it gives us the knowledge that when we slip up, we are still forgiven. "For God SO loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him, should NOT perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

I want to share just two other verses. Please think about them. In Isaiah 43:2, God says, "When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you." All you have to do is believe it. Lastly, "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him." Romans 5: 8-9 That is my Jesus.

God Bless you all.

In Jesus,

Tiffany[/font:72cc106a45]