Christianity in EMS...

PCTtiff

Hey all,

Wow. I'm surprised - and happy, to see how deep people really can be. I never cease to be amazed! I want you all to know, I respect your opinions and your beliefs - and why you believe them. I think everyone is entitled to that and I am really glad that you guys are taking the time to share your thoughts.

A few posts made me sad and I feel for you guys out there who have had good reason to doubt Christianity and even the existence of God. I know He uses those times to test us. Sometimes we blame ourselves for happenings, sometimes we blame Him. All I know is we can't question God. Our limited minds can't fathom the vastness of a devastating situation - we can't see what His plan for the outcome of a situation is. A lot of times God uses the most tragic situations for the most wonderful things - in the long run. An example is a volcanic eruption. Think about it. The fire and the lava is devastating to the surrounding land and vegetation, but soon after, the plants start growing back, the animals return and the ground is much more fertile. The ecosystem thrives in the newly restored area.

When we turn from God we can't see any of the good coming out of a situation. It's like standing in the place that the volcano's destruction reached, and instead of seeing the new beauty and life, all we can see is the memory of what happened there. We're blinded to the beauty. Believe me, I've been there - I might even still be there. I have turned from God SO many times when things went terribly wrong, and when I finally came back, I could see clearly. It's a shameful feeling and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I don't want to preach to people, I want to share with them what I know to be true. I want for them to be able to experience the peace there is in believing in Jesus, and the awesomeness of knowing there is someone out there - the very one who created the stars and the ocean - who loves you beyond your imagination. He knows what you go through and He wants you to come to Him WITH it so that He can give you peace.

RID, you said it. I share my faith because it is what makes me truly happy, and I only wish that for others. I don't diss other 'religions', I don't proclaim that they are wrong or bash their belief systems. I just know what mine is, and I know it is right! :D Christianity is not a religion to me, it's my life.

I'd better go. This got long again! :) Anatomychick, thanks for the words. I'm happy you wrote and believe me, I know - and I'm expecting it to get ugly. I convinced and prepared myself for it before I submitted my first post. But if we can touch one person with sharing our faith, I guess it's all worth it. Glad for the responses so far though!

God bless (yes) you ALL.

In Jesus,

Tiffany

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea... faith is the thing that has kept me alive and going. Life gets hard, life is not always happy.. but if God is there, you can pick up the pieces and keep moving. Funny... my faith has strengthened the more I've gotten into EMS... just started RCIA classes tonight, have never been baptized Christian and it felt like it was time.

God bless all of you, it's so encouraging to see I'm not the only one!

Eydawn

NREMT-B

I've read much of the bible, and I think Christianity, in its truest form, is a wonderful thing. Unfortunately there are a great number of narrowminded people who like to pervert the teachings of the bible for their own agendas, and those are the ones that prevent me from being behind Christianity 100%.

I have my own set of beliefs that sometimes conflict with Christianity but most of the time, I've noticed, follow the tenets of Christianity fairly well, but I really wouldn't classify myself as a Christian. My major sticking point is the whole "must accept Jesus into your heart" thing. A great number of people have tried to convert me, and I don't hold it against them, it's just I was made with always too much doubt and question in my mind to accept something wholeheartedly without any sort of evidence. It's just the way I am, it's the way I was created, and I'm pretty sure God will forgive me for that at some point, because that same doubt, and questioning nature also makes me good at my job.

But the other stuff I'm down with. Jesus basically went around saying "Be kind to others, don't be a jerk, make peace, etc. etc." I really like the parables in the New Testament, and reading about the trials and tribulations of Jesus during his work on Earth has brought me a little comfort during my dark periods when I wrestle with my own trials and tribulations doing my work. It gives me hope that the right path in life and the way to being a good person is always the hardest, rockiest, and most filled with peril and sacrifice.

Unfortunately, like I said before, in the modern world the same teachings that were supposed to bring peace among people is currently used to make war and spread hate. Do you really think that if Jesus returned tommorrow, long hair and all, and started preaching peace and love and acceptance, he'd go over really well with the bible thumping war hawks in office? Makes you wonder who's side they're really on. Also Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell are going to hell. And if they're not I don't wanna go to heaven.

:D I am a little older then some and not as old as others so I have seen a lot of pain and death in this world and how people handle life's chaos. I look at some people and how strong their belief is in their church and it makes me happy...to show your love for God is a great thing....some people choose to go to church on sunday and declare, others walk the walk and talk the talk.....I have known a lot of people who have taken up the study of Buddhism but do not choose it as their religion I call them Christen Buddhist (smile) It is your faith that will carry you Thur the hard times and keeps you looking forward towards tomorrow. My faith? I believe that we have to care more for each other, to stop war, to help the planet heal....to set a example for the young to follow.....to teach, "TO TRY AND FIND A HOME IN MUDDY WATERS"...A lotus flower can only grow in muddy waters and so can your life grow and you can find peace within muddy waters of everyday chaos. How we choose to display our faith is what makes us human, I have great love and faith in God, I just don't have any faith in any religion that teaches that if you don't think like they do, then you must be destroyed,

just who came first, do you know, and who's teaching were they really?

I guess this forum is not as open minded as people say it, I have great respect for all and wish everyone the very best in their pursuit of the "Correct Faith" and as I have said before it makes my heart glad to see people enjoying their their faith and I cry when I see people without faith, these are the people I pray for, that they find faith, something to carry them thur the hard times, I think that God is God no matter how you pray, so some people by pass the middle man and go directly to God for advise and help, is that wrong? If you landed on a island and found the people there living rightness life's and a strong believe in God but not Jesus, would you condemn them all? Would you force them to change? And if they did not want to change would you kill them off, in the name of your faith, must you convert everyone on earth, isn't there a little room in the world for people who just want to be left alone to follow the path they have chosen? I give of my time freely and always, the ambulance unit know that whenever they need someone to fill in to make up the crew, they can count on me, I may be an EMT but I'll run as a driver, or bottle washing if need be, just to get out and help someone in need, I don't get paid for this, and I put in around 100 hours a month doing this and other things for the community, am I wrong?

I wish you all the very best, I guess I'll go watch my rocks grow.

I will not be bother you any more, and hope I have not offended any.

Someday the time will come when we can all walk freely as brothers and sisters, until that time

May God bless you and Buddha protect you.

Yang, if you took my comment to be intolerant of yours, you were mistaken. It was not meant to be a comment upon your post at all. In fact, it's just a line from a song that seemed appropriate for the moment.

And I didn't see anybody else posting anything that was intolerant of your viewpoints. Perhaps I'm just sleepy and missed it?

Anyhow, no need to go away mad. :?