What kind of vehicle do you drive?  

228 members have voted

1. 1.

• truck
    • car
    • suv
    • van

First off:

Richard, congratulations on appropriately using the word 'nefarious' successfully! I also noted that you used the word 'infamous' successfully; not once but TWICE!

I own a 1989 Ford Thunderbird that I haven't seen in 2 years (it's sitting in storage in MI)

000_0592.jpg

I also have for my current 'transportation needs, a 1991 Kawasaki Voyager XII. Here in GA, I can ride almost all year long!

100_1356.jpg

I DO ride with a helmet!

You'll also notice that there are no emergency lights, decals or stickers to identify me as either a Firefighter or EMT.....

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the day and my mood and whether I want to put up with the car's crap or not.

1994 3/4 ton Dodge Ram V10 Dually - dark blue and tan has over 280,000 miles on it with no major issues take that you little foreign cars ! Major issue, it sucks the gas bigtime, but I get the same hauling (I haven't ever really taxed it even with a 4 horse trailer with living quarters). But it handles the hills that I end up on heading to some of these farms lol. But yeah 10 mpg really sucked last year.

2002 Saturn LS - yeah has been brutalized poor little thing. It's my back and forth to work car so it unfortunately gets used and abused plus does all the local running. I've gotten it stuck in my driveway multiple times during ice storms, rains, etc and I retreat to get the beast to retrieve it lol. It's also dark blue with an absurd amount of miles (189,000) - can ya tell I drive just a little bit ? - He's getting cranky in his old age though, so yeah if I'm not in the mood to deal with it and it's cranky starting (it randomnly runs the battery down) I give it a rest and it works again.

Laugh if you all want, but I'm not making a car payment and the little one gets 35 mpg - gotta love it !

Also, no whacker stuff noted - just EM plates on the car and a small department sticker like 3 inch diameter on back window. The truck has nothing as its primary job is hauling.

Edited by fireflymedic

Where's the listing for "other"? :: pouts::

I ride a bicycle into work rain or shine.

Brett: WHat no black sticker with what is it the red line? or it is blue? I can never remember which is police and which is fire.

Brett: WHat no black sticker with what is it the red line? or it is blue? I can never remember which is police and which is fire.

Blue for the LEOs, Red for FD.

Is there a color for EMS? If there is, I have not been so informed.

Richard, congratulations on appropriately using the word 'nefarious' successfully! I also noted that you used the word 'infamous' successfully; not once but TWICE!

I are, after all, a hy skool gragewwit.

Actually, I am a high school grad, son of a NYC Board of Education Teacher (retired), grandson of an assistant principal, brother of a retired schoolteacher, and of an active College Professor of American History (who is also the president of the North Dakota Historical Society). My girlfriend is a teaching paraprofessional in the NYC Department of Education.

By extension, I am, kind of, anyway, doing teaching here in the EMT City.

Blue for the LEOs, Red for FD.

Is there a color for EMS? If there is, I have not been so informed.

What is LEO? I'm still learning the alphabet soup sorry.

Most of the time I drive a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, with all the bells and whistles. Other times I drive the 2008 Ford SuperDuty King Ranch duelly pickup. Depends on where I am going and who is going.

My bad, Gypsy.

LEO=Law Enforcement Officer

The alphabet soup is so we don't get caught around local names, like "Police Officer", "Sheriff's Deputy", "Trooper", "Statie" (a state police officer,which I observe seems to be used in Massachusetts a lot), "Security Officer", "Special Officer", "Constable", "Smokey The Bear", or others I am currently unfamiliar with.

My bad, Gypsy.

LEO=Law Enforcement Officer

The alphabet soup is so we don't get caught around local names, like "Police Officer", "Sheriff's Deputy", "Trooper", "Statie" (a state police officer,which I observe seems to be used in Massachusetts a lot), "Security Officer", "Special Officer", "Constable", "Smokey The Bear", or others I am currently unfamiliar with.

Yay my spazed out brain was close to figuring out the letters. :: does a goofy happy dance:: I was thinking something for police but wasn't sure.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.