IMPOSSIBLE SCENARIOS

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you get 8 more ambulances and 47 more fire trucks (hey it's a fire, you need at LEAST 47). Because of the aforementioned poor road conditions they all approach the scene and ALSO crash into each other and various surrounding buildings. Everything is on fire, everyone is burning alive and looking at YOU to save them.

As you stand there adequately practicing BSI and scene safety... 4x4 and epipen in hand, a bus looses control and smashes into the scene as well. You get the feeling this isn't any normal bus.... :shock:

With his last gasping breath, the bus driver says "This.....*gasp*....this bus is FULL OF BABIES!!!!!!....." Then he dies. Shortly thereafter the bus explodes sending like oh say 40 babies everywhere.

Keep in mind you still have those 4x4's, plenty of NRB's that you are dying to give oxygen at 15L/min with, and of course a fist full of epi-pens...

NOW WHAT DO YOU DO?

"Cry."

So you get 8 more ambulances and 47 more fire trucks (hey it's a fire, you need at LEAST 47). Because of the aforementioned poor road conditions they all approach the scene and ALSO crash into each other and various surrounding buildings. Everything is on fire, everyone is burning alive and looking at YOU to save them.

As you stand there adequately practicing BSI and scene safety... 4x4 and epipen in hand, a bus looses control and smashes into the scene as well. You get the feeling this isn't any normal bus.... :shock:

With his last gasping breath, the bus driver says "This.....*gasp*....this bus is FULL OF BABIES!!!!!!....." Then he dies. Shortly thereafter the bus explodes sending like oh say 40 babies everywhere.

Keep in mind you still have those 4x4's, plenty of NRB's that you are dying to give oxygen at 15L/min with, and of course a fist full of epi-pens...

NOW WHAT DO YOU DO?

Answer-Lay down on the ground and proceed into a nervous breakdown.

REAL Answer-Stay calm, call for THE CALVARY. And when I say the calvary I MEAN the calvary. EVERY available fire unit. EVERY available EMS unit within a 4 county radius. EVERY medevac chopper that will respond. Me, I'd probably try and pull people from the burning fire truck. TRIAGE TRIAGE TRIAGE!!!!!

Guest Beegers

NOW WHAT DO YOU DO?

Turn and run....WTF were you thinking?? OH SHIT!!! I dropped them epipens!!!

Turn back, run in the middle of the street, cause another MVA....

Well, in reference to scenario number 2 (to avoid confusion), the patient going home paraplegic was the actual outcome. I want to know what you would to to get a better outcome. This is while impossible scenarios are cool, you get to guage your response to an impossible situation.

In reference to the actual outcome of scenario 1: People died a lot

I think in scenario #1 I would :fart: my pants. [-o< Lord heeeeeeeeeeellllllp me please!!! In scenario #2 that man will be eating his next meal through a straw =P~ . :-({|=

Sorry but ain't no way to collar someone that fat.. :3some: :crybaby: :ky:

Well what are you going to do? :wav:

:occasion5: :downtown:

• 4 weeks later...
You hear a responding fire unit coming to your location. However, it has been raining lately and the streets are slick. The fire engine loses control, barrels into your EMT-P partner, and crashes into the building lengthwise. Your partner is thrown about ten feet and lies motionless. The fire engine is becoming engulfed in the flames, and no one is exiting the vehicle.

Become a traffic officer until cavalry arrives. Get your road cones from your vehicle and close the road. Divert traffic. Keep people away from the building. Move your vehicle and park so that the scene remains safe.