Uniforms

I was just curiouse what (if anything) other people have for uniforms. For the school MERT progam my uniform is tactical EMT pants, a star of life T-shirt and an EMT star of life jacket. My home rig just uses blue jumpsuits and they are optional

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On our volunteer fire department we have three uniforms:

Class C- EMT Tech pants and a blue fire department T-shirt

Class B- Black dress pants, dress uniform shirt (sky blue for line firefighters, white for officers....which is kind of redundant; there's 11 of us on the department plus 4 juniors...I think everyone knows who the officers are), badge, tie (optional)

Class A- Class B plus a dress uniform coat and a uniform hat. And we wear any award ribbons that we have earned. There's only 3 of us who have the full Class A uniform because we have to pay for them out of our own pockets if we want them and the only time we wear them is to go to funerals pretty much or some conferences. I will be wearing it at the wedding of a friend of mine....all the other guys are going to be in uniform (Army, Marines and Air Force respectively) so my friend has asked to have me wear my FD unifrom.

I keep joking that I'm going to get married in mine. I figure I shelled out a lot of money for the getup, I might as well get to wear it. Not sure how well the fiancee would take that one though.

Well for the air force it is regular BDU's and Blues.

For my Explorer post advisor position : Black EMt pants and Gray explorer Shirt . Have different patch and Badge then the Explorers do. When working on the trucks i wear a regular FFD shirt.

I am not sure what it will be for my Event EMS. I think just EMT pants and EMT shirt.

We usually wear navy blue jumpsuits but during the summer we also can wear our EMS tech pants and navy blue polo shirts with our squad's emblem We also have a variety of jackets and vests that we can buy and wear as uniform or just around. We have nice dress shirts that we wear with our tech pants but we borrow them from our chief's stockpile because we're a college squad with a four year turnover rate.

USAFMedic, since when has the Class-A uniform become a buy on your own item? Dont you mean mess dress uniform? Class-A when I was in the USAF was the blue jacket and pants, with either the bus driver cap or the flight cap. But that was 13 yrs ago when I got out, after being in for 12.

At one of my Dept's we have the option between blue jumpsuits or Blue ems pants with a gray polo or t-shirt with our emblem on the front and our departments name in large block letters on the back, we have FF style workshirts for the cooler months. Also available are blue three season jackets or fleece vests. Our tech team wears Blue pants with red shirts or red jumpsuits for their functions.

My other dept wears blue jumpsuits and has the option of wearing their white polo with blue bdu or ems style pants.Unfortunatly people do not believe in keeping thier white shirts clean or fresh. Nothing like having somone work on you that lactated all over their uniform :shock: :?

USAFMedic, since when has the Class-A uniform become a buy on your own item? Dont you mean mess dress uniform? Class-A when I was in the USAF was the blue jacket and pants, with either the bus driver cap or the flight cap. But that was 13 yrs ago when I got out, after being in for 12.

I'm not in the Air Force anymore, haven't been since 2003. I was talking about my VFD uniform. Sorry for any confusion.

School uniform consists of Tac pants with Scotchlite stripe. Shirts are either mock neck with "Paramedic" embroidered on the collar, Golf shirt with school crest, or button down shirt with school crest in place of arm patch and "Student Paramedic" epaulettes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.