Atlantic City EMS

edogs334

If you're going to work for Exceptional in AC, get used to being a taxi service. You're so close to the hospital that you barely have time to learn the patients name. If you want a better work experience, go to one of the paid squads right outside of the city.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am from south jersey and am looking for a paid EMT job. I have been an EMT for a year and love every mintue of it. I would rather do 911 than transport. Just wondering if anyone here knows of any good jobs around the area. Please let me know if you can help at all.

Thanx

Mia :(

• 2 weeks later...
have you tried atlanicare?

Unless you are a paramedic, AtlantiCare is basically only transport. I know they have the 911 contract for a smaller town in South Jersey, but I'd imagine that it takes some seniority to get those shifts.

• 1 month later...
Whos hiring, who runs the best calls, and pays the most? I am coming back to South Jersey, and need a Paid EMS job.

FireGuard:

- 911 services.

The "shore towns" of Ventnor, Margate, Brigantine, and Ocean City are all FD-based departments and getting a spot on them can be tough. Atlantic City is normally hiring, and they are by far the busiest. However, you are so close to the hospital that you are basically a taxi service. The other busier services in the area are Galloway Twp., Hamilton Twp., and Egg Harbor Twp.. I am pretty sure all of those services are hiring at the basic level.

All ALS is run by AtlantiCare, which runs the two of the three major hospitals in the area. The MICU's are staffed by two MICP's who respond in a chase vehicle as requested by the call-taker during dispatch or by the EMS crew upon there arrival. There are five MICU's covering Atlantic County and one covering Cape May County, along with a specialty critical care transport truck that doubles as the second in ALS for Atlantic City. The specialty care truck is staffed with a MICP, MICRN, and sometimes a basic as a driver for long transports.

AtlantiCare also runs its own EMS transportation units, along with SeniorCare and Mutual Aid Ambulance Services.

Yea, my eventual goal is to be a FF/EMT for OC, so my goal is to move back to OC, and work my butt off to pay the ungodly rent.

A lil off topic, but doesnt Medic 9 cover south Cape May Cty, Medic 10 as well in the summer, Medic 8 in OC? And the MICU at Shore Kill, I mean Shore Memorial Hospital covers Southern Atlantic and Northern Cape May County? (I was a Jr. Lifeguard for OCBP WAAAY back in the day, and have many friends still on OCBP.)

Are the Townships Paid or Private? (NOT trying to start a debate, j/w)

Like I said, the rent aint cheap in OC, but its all going to the eventual goal.....

Thanks bros :D

Yea, my eventual goal is to be a FF/EMT for OC, so my goal is to move back to OC, and work my butt off to pay the ungodly rent.

A lil off topic, but doesnt Medic 9 cover south Cape May Cty, Medic 10 as well in the summer, Medic 8 in OC? And the MICU at Shore Kill, I mean Shore Memorial Hospital covers Southern Atlantic and Northern Cape May County? (I was a Jr. Lifeguard for OCBP WAAAY back in the day, and have many friends still on OCBP.)

Are the Townships Paid or Private? (NOT trying to start a debate, j/w)

Like I said, the rent aint cheap in OC, but its all going to the eventual goal.....

Thanks bros :D

Here is a rundown on the South NJ ALS units: Medic 5 is based in Wildwood (I think, they're in that area), Medic 6 in AC, Medic 7 in Galloway, Medic 8 out of Egg Harbor Twp., Medic 9 covers Cape May, Medic 10 has been moved to the Hammonton area. Medic 1 is the specialty care transport out of AC. Medic 200 is ALS supervisor. The coverage areas are pretty easy to figure out if you know the area. Medic 6 is really never leaves AC, and 7 always ends up driving around the county getting recalled. All the townships listed are paid municipal crews.

So who is the Medic unit at Station 1 in OC in the summer? They had what looked to be a Shore Memorial patch on their shoulder...... oh well..... :roll:

Who do you work for?

pm me if you dont wanna put it up here....

How long ago did you see the Medic unit stationed in a OC firehouse? I've been around for awhile and have never heard of Shore running an ALS program. It might have been medic 5, which operated as a float truck in the summer when it was first created, but I am not sure.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.