RIP Mobey, Marc Moebis

Eydawn

Hi all.

Marc Moebis, AKA mobey, passed away suddenly yesterday. I don't know anything more than that. 💔

Seems like we just keep losing members of the old guard.

• Sad 1

Things are good here on my side, had a stroke post patient assault in September of last year.  That totally sucked.  I'm back to normal but it was a long road.  

Moved from a urban setting to a rural setting (much safer and I can actually let my kids ride their bikes without me being outside watching their every move). 

Things are good.  

• Sad 1

Things are good here on my side, had a stroke post patient assault in September of last year.  That totally sucked.  I'm back to normal but it was a long road.  

Moved from a urban setting to a rural setting (much safer and I can actually let my kids ride their bikes without me being outside watching their every move). 

Things are good.  

Thanks Scuba -   so the patient blind sided me and hit me in the side of the head.  I was unable to defend against it because I didn't see it coming.  She hit me full force.  

Had terrible neck pain after the assault.  Nobody expected me to have a significant injury.  

Fast forward 9 days, I collapsed outside a Massage therapy place (hadn't gone in for the massage and there was no happy ending).  

Called EMS, transported to the big major stroke center in KC MO

had a series of 5 cerebellar strokes.  Turns out the assault caused dissections of my middle vertebral arteries - and over that 9 days, clots built up until the stroke occurred.  Heparin therapy, oral coumadin, 2 1/2 months of physical therapy and I went back to work 3 monts after the assault.  

Believe it or not - work comp was spot on and paid for everything and they are sending me a check for 7k for disposition of case.  I need the 7k to buy a car that my son totalled.  

Lifes been interesting.  

• 1 month later...

Damn shame about Mobey. I guess that we're all getting up there.

Glad to hear that you're healing, Ruff. What happened to the patient that assaulted you? Any charges pending?

Years ago, I had a fancy Lincoln up on the sidewalk against a telephone pole. Guy in a suit behind the wheel looked like a hypoglycemic pt. Crouched down next to the door, and asked how he was doing. Next thing I know, I'm on my ass and my jaw hurts. Dude has the car started, motor revved up, and is trying to shift into reverse, but his foot is still on the brake pedal.

My partner is walking behind the car, so I reached in trying to shift it to park, or turn the keys off. Guy grabs my arm, and just chomped down on it like an ear of corn. My partner hears me yelling, sees me get loose, and the guy proceed to start laying into me. He comes over and literally falls on the guy shoving him into the seat (He was about 350 lbs back then.) We finally get him out of the car onto the ground as the cavalry arrives to back us up after our distress call went out.

Turns out that the guy had been high on coke and crack. He had been driving from one side of town to the other before he passed out and glided onto the sidewalk into the pole. He developed Rhabdo and was in the ICU for a while after our adventure.

I filed a report with PD. He was charged, and I went after him in a civil suit. His attorney was real smarmy about the whole thing right up until they said that I had no permanent damage from the incident, and I showed them the scar on my arm. They agreed to damages real quick after that.

Not every pt is innocent.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.