Anyone Working For Private Companies Doing FEMA Vaccs?

I received an email recently directly from a private company to do FEMA covid vaccinations. Supposedly they will offer me jobs within 50 miles of where I live. But there are some odd requirements. They only want copies of all of my certs and my DL. No actual job application.

I did finally find out that once they accept you, they notify you of a position by text. You have two hours to respond and accept it. After doing that, you have 12 hours to complete a slew of online requirements like FEMA paperwork, classes, I-9 form, and finally their application form to work for them.

The company that I received the email from is a physical therapy company. Just seems kind of odd, and sketchy.

Can anyone chime in with any experiences that they may have had? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like they are trying to get a batch of people into their network without having to get the required items required for FEMA.  You would think they would do it the other way around but what do I know,  seems strange.  I don't think I would want to work for a group that I don't know when I'm going to get the call for a job and then have such a short window of time to get the req's complete.  What if I get a job notice that I could accept but don't have the time on that specific date to get all that stuff done.  

I'd be skeptical of this group. 

Agree.

My employer requires the usual FEMA NIMS certs, plus a hazmat cert to be able to deploy and do vaccinations. I don't understand how a private company can skirt the Federal requirements.

Fortunately, I have gone ahead and said, "thanks, but no thanks for now" to them.

So I got another email from a visiting nurse type organization offering the same set-up. They quoted a salary, but they don't say how long the contracted trip is for.

It's very tempting.

I wonder if it's some contract contingency kind of thing. I've run into a few of those. They don't actually *have* the contract yet but want to make sure they have a crew so they can hit the ground running if they are awarded it.

This company appears to have the contract. They provided a link to the company website. Looks like a decent sized company that does government contract work as a specialty.

The open position was to start 20 May in Denver. I received an email prior to the start date, and another one after the start date.

I can't believe that they couldn't fill the position.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.