Has anyone quit due to COVID-19?

emt2359

• 3 weeks later...

I recently quit not out of fear of infection from patients, but out of fear of infection from fellow providers. We have many who seldom practice infection control measures spelled out by the agency such as masks and social distancing, especially indoors.  I won't work with people who think so little of their own lives or those of other people's. One must wonder why they work in medicine in the first place with such nihilistic worldviews.

On 5/2/2020 at 12:09 AM, iago said:

I recently quit not out of fear of infection from patients, but out of fear of infection from fellow providers. We have many who seldom practice infection control measures spelled out by the agency such as masks and social distancing, especially indoors.  I won't work with people who think so little of their own lives or those of other people's. One must wonder why they work in medicine in the first place with such nihilistic worldviews.

So question, in your next service, if they practice lax infection control will you quit that service again?  Not to be the negative nelly, but did you bring up your concerns to management and if you did where did it go?  

I have a co-worker at my other service that believes that because he is in great health he won't get Covid regardless of whether he practices infection control or not.  I care if he gets it but it's on him and not me.  

if you practice good Infection control habits you should be ok, honestly, screw your partners, in the end, you have to go home to your family and if they don't then they don't.  

I would not have quit, I would have brought it to managements attention and let them deal with it, because in the end, you are the one out of a job and they still are working.  

But honestly, the choice was yours to make and I'm hoping you made the right decision and you have or had a job waiting for you before you quit.  

I wish you nothing but the best.  Sometimes we have to fall on our swords to make a point.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My gripe is is about all of the inconsistent stupidity going on. 

It seems like the rules don't just change from day to day, they change by the hours or minutes within the same healthcare system! 

I'm doing transfers for an"internationally known" system. One hospital doesn't check us. Another takes our temperature. A third takes our temperature, puts a wristband on denoting that we don't have a fever, and are allowed in the facility. And then, they make us foam in, because now "it's all being recorded." All require masks. At least that's consistent. 

If anything, it's not the virus that would make me quit. It would be all of the inconsistent stupidity being required and chimp-screamed by so called medical professionals.

@yakc130 I agree that inconsistency is frustrating.  I think a lot of the issue is the lack of a clear message from the local level to the president of The United States.  The lack of leadership all around has created a monster that they cannot get back into the box. 

Edited by emt2359

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Reviving this. 

What have employers been telling you?

I just got an email today that I have until the end of November to get vaccinated. If I don't, I get placed on 6 weeks leave. If I still don't, it will be considered a voluntary quit.

They gave us until 1 November to provide a religious exemption. 

It seems as if free will and privacy are dead in this country. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.