Cleveland Paramedic Quits Over Low Staffing

emt2359

She said she is leaving the job due to a "toxic and dangerous environment" and wrote a letter to the city explaining why.

How many of you out there are close to experiencing this?  Here is the full article:

https://fox8.com/2019/08/13/i-team-paramedic-writes-explosive-letter-to-city-leaders/?fbclid=IwAR2MPc9D5iZ2qHHdXcIfJ9LQ-GcpuZvK6BLjOUV0nbRGqOR8DHPeM0HOlkQ

In reference to feeling ready to quit? For a year or two at least with my letter written and ready to hand in. My average so far over the past 3 years has been around 57 hours a week (thats not including my shifts left for this week). I've done 80-hour weeks where I'm essentially living at the station. Granted, 500 calls a year is probably a month for her, but its still "I can probably move into the station and be slightly ahead" I totally understand the outrage of pay, I think being paid double what the general EMT's are paid due to being an officer (minimum wage for basic, $7.5/ hr for AEMT), but the village workers entry-level is higher than mine. If not for state retirement and health insurance, I'd have probably left long ago. Honestly I'd love to be making her 17/hr though when I'm down around 13. 

Hey Defiant1 - if you are willing to move - our service is hiring EMT's, probably pays more than what you are making now.  If you get in medic school you could easily pull in around 65000 a year and that's a conservative estimate after you get out of medic school.  

We are in a rural area of missouri - 55 miles south of Kansas city - running about 2000 calls a year.  

If you can get your missouri license and willing to move  we can always use a good EMT who has aspirations to go to medic school.  

Hey Defiant1 - if you are willing to move - our service is hiring EMT's, probably pays more than what you are making now.  If you get in medic school you could easily pull in around 65000 a year and that's a conservative estimate after you get out of medic school.  

We are in a rural area of missouri - 55 miles south of Kansas city - running about 2000 calls a year.  

If you can get your missouri license and willing to move  we can always use a good EMT who has aspirations to go to medic school.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.